Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What port is printer on in Raspberry Pi?

Posted by dlc60 
What port is printer on in Raspberry Pi?
April 14, 2020 03:41PM
The stock controller on my Anet A8 may have failed. Or on my Raspberry Pi, or something else. So I am troubleshooting.
Octopi says "State: Error: Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually."
I have tried a couple of the RPi USB ports and rebooted both the RPi and the Anet A8, to no avail.
I do not know how that port shows up in the RPi (4.19.75-v7+), so I'll ask:
How to I find the port that the printer is connected to on the RPi? /dev/tty*, /dev/USB*, /dev/ ?

Many thanks,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: What port is printer on in Raspberry Pi?
April 14, 2020 05:18PM
I think that I have sorted this out. Sadly, it appears that the USB port on the A8 controller has died. Everything works but that. I really doubt that the cable is now broken or that the RPi USB system has suddenly died, since I used to have a USB web cam attached - Now I use the RPi cam, so I can liberate the much more expensive Logi web cam.

I am still open to suggestions if anyone has seen this before on your stock A8 controller.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login