Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ender 3 pro

Posted by alfombra 
Ender 3 pro
May 07, 2020 05:00AM
Good morning all of you,

Here again with abother issue hoping to get resolved with your help if possible. This issue is with the Ender 3 pro printer, the E motor stops randomly. Its not a cloging problem as i can manually push the filament through hole after printing stops.

I already changer the default fan with a bigger one and lifted the printer from bottom surface to make the fan blow more air into the electronics. This made not the difference, i changed the wiring from electronics to E motor two times too, but didnt helped either.

This is a little video of the issue, maybe is helpful.

E mototr stops video

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.
Re: Ender 3 pro
May 07, 2020 07:42AM
It is hard to tell, though if had to take a guess!

1st - Would check to see it the Stepper Motor has a high enough V-Ref current.
2nd - Would double check if the Stepper motor gear/set screw is getting caught on something.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
May 07, 2020 08:05AM
Which adjustment do you think is better Vref or current? With which value?

I already checked if the stepper gear gets stuck with something, but nothing at all. confused smiley
May 07, 2020 12:13PM
Hi everyone, i adjusted the Vref to what crealitz recomends and for now is going fine, thanks!!!
May 07, 2020 02:11PM
Quick report, printed just failed again confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley
May 09, 2020 08:21PM
While the printer is printing, prior to the failures, touch the motor for the extruder and see if its warm, too hot to touch, or burn your finger off hot. It's possible the stepper motor is getting too hot and that's what's causing it to stop feeding plastic?
May 10, 2020 05:02AM
Sorry for not updating be4, researching a lot over the internet it seem that there are some Creality 1.1.5 boards that came out with some firmware issues with Simplify 3D soft, there one i am using. There are two possible solutions, one updating the board with Arduino bootloader or changing the slicer soft, for now i am testing a liitle bit with Cura but i will possibly update the board to use simplify.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login