Adapting My OLD reprap to 1.75 filament, need Help
May 13, 2020 03:36PM
Hello guys I have build a RepRap back in 2015 and my hotend and extruder are 2.85 mm filament

Hot End

Extruder

Extruder 2

Extruder 3

IM trying to get a Hot end for 1.75 filament and I dont know which. Also should i chang e the extruder? to a new model?

I will work with 12Volts Resistance and Motor drivers.

Can someone tell me the "MODEL" of my extruder?
Which Hot end Should i pick?

Thank you In advance
Re: Adapting My OLD reprap to 1.75 filament, need Help
May 13, 2020 07:09PM
Hi it looks like a Prusa Wades Bowden extruder - see link below to the thingiverse for a printable one.

[www.thingiverse.com]

The hot end looks like a J-head - easily available on Amazon as are other versions of extruder Just search J-head hot end and also Prusa extruder and it will give several Metal Bowden extruder. Or try eBay.
I have the joy of 2 printers, so I can always print parts if one fails and needs something printing. I fact I printed my whole 2nd printer to my own design (Baring nuts, bolts screws & electronics), my 1st printer is a home brew mendelmax style printer.

If you do a search on this site for a Wades Bowden extruder it will get you to the section on Wades and give you all of the versions etc.

Regards Rich
Re: Adapting My OLD reprap to 1.75 filament, need Help
July 28, 2020 03:47AM
The extruder may work fine with 1.75mm filament, depending on the groove depth of your hobbed bolt. The heater cartridge and thermistor will still work. If the threading on that heat break is M7, you should be able to use a 1.75mm e3d heat break and nozzle. If you want to minimize rewiring, an older style or clone heater block that uses a screw to secure the thermistor will work. If you want to minimize work, I'd recommend just getting an E3D Lite6.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login