Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testing boards and step motors/ Error

Posted by Sirpaz 
Testing boards and step motors/ Error
July 20, 2020 04:01PM
Hi everyone,
I am a new entry in the community and I hope I am posting in the right category.

I am here to look for support for an error I have run into while doing some early tests on boards and step motors for a 3d printer I am currently working on.
In order to do my tests, I am referring to this video:
Youtube Video

Ok, so I am now at the stage where I have my .gcode file imported in my print run software ready to print; the console on the right of the software interface, pops out an error message at 0.03% of the process stopping the print. Here below the error message:

Print started at: 16:40:05

[ERROR] Failed to set power settings:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/Users/craigvanvliet/Desktop/PyInstaller-2.1/pronterface/build/pronterface/out00-PYZ.pyz/printrun.pronsole”, line 1186, in startcb

File “/Users/craigvanvliet/Desktop/PyInstaller-2.1/pronterface/build/pronterface/out00-PYZ.pyz/printrun.power”, line 130, in powerset_print_start

File “/Users/craigvanvliet/Desktop/PyInstaller-2.1/pronterface/build/pronterface/out00-PYZ.pyz/printrun.power.osx”, line 75, in inhibit_sleep_osx

File “/Users/craigvanvliet/Desktop/PyInstaller-2.1/pronterface/build/pronterface/out00-PYZ.pyz/printrun.power.osx”, line 52, in AssertionCreateWithName

File “/Users/craigvanvliet/Desktop/PyInstaller-2.1/pronterface/build/pronterface/out00-PYZ.pyz/printrun.power.osx”, line 44, in StringToCFString

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘CFStringCreateWithCString’

echo:Active Extruder: 0

Error:MINTEMP triggered, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0

[ERROR] Error:MINTEMP triggered, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0

Error: Printer halted. kill() called!

[ERROR] Error: Printer halted. kill() called!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Any idea on how to solve it?

Thanks,
Flavio
Re: Testing boards and step motors/ Error
July 20, 2020 11:16PM
"Error:MINTEMP triggered"

the controller cannot see your thermistor, so it reads the lowest temp. (which is open circuit)

possible causes.

Thermistor unplugged.
Thermistor plugged into wrong place.
Thermistor or its cable is broken.
Incorrect motherboard set, so controller is looking at wrong pin.
Incorrect thermistor defined in Configuration.h
Dead ADC pin on controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 12:29AM by Dust.
July 21, 2020 08:55AM
By the way, printrun is pretty old firmware. I'm also curious what you're doing on Craig van Vliet's macbook.

Anyway, I would try more modern firmware, since more people will be able to help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 08:55AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 21, 2020 09:29AM
If your just trying out movement, the slicer is adding in temperature related gcode, this will break your tests if you don't have heating and thermistors.

Also modern firmwares will not allow you to move E, unless the hot end is hot. unless you deliberately disable this.

Thee printrun error is just trying to tell your os not to go into power save mode. You probably need elevated security rites for that
July 21, 2020 11:10AM
Hi Dust

Dust
"Error:MINTEMP triggered"

the controller cannot see your thermistor, so it reads the lowest temp. (which is open circuit)

possible causes.

Thermistor unplugged.
Thermistor plugged into wrong place.
Thermistor or its cable is broken.
Incorrect motherboard set, so controller is looking at wrong pin.
Incorrect thermistor defined in Configuration.h
Dead ADC pin on controller.

I am trying to disable the thermistor as indicated in this forum, but I did not have much luck so far..
I also tried to set the M302 parameter so to allow cold extrusion, but pronterface keeps reporting the same error: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID:0

Dust
Also modern firmwares will not allow you to move E, unless the hot end is hot. unless you deliberately disable this.

How can I disable the hot end?

Ohmarinus
By the way, printrun is pretty old firmware.
Hi Ohmarinus, as I am approaching all this stuff just now, printrun was the first firmware I came across (something like, if you don't start somewhere, you are gonna go nowhere)
and anyway an interesting interface to begin with. I am open to advices, what would be a more up to date alternative to Printrun? Perhaps could also be the solution to my problem.

Ohmarinus
I'm also curious what you're doing on Craig van Vliet's macbook

That is out of the blue, I have no clue where that Craig van Vliet's macbook comes from...confused smiley
July 21, 2020 11:24AM
the controller will always say heating failed if you send it any gcode to heat up.

you need to ensure there are no M104 or M109 commands in the gcode.

presuming a recent marlin

In firmware you can set #define EXTRUDERS 0 this will disable both the above gcodes. but it also disables e0. But X,Y and Z should be normal.

or you could edit the code in gcode.cpp

change
#if EXTRUDERS
        case 104: M104(); break;                                  // M104: Set hot end temperature
        case 109: M109(); break;                                  // M109: Wait for hotend temperature to reach target
      #endif

to
#if EXTRUDERS
        //case 104: M104(); break;                                  // M104: Set hot end temperature
        //case 109: M109(); break;                                  // M109: Wait for hotend temperature to reach target
      #endif

to disable the two hot end heating gcodes

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 11:31AM by Dust.
July 21, 2020 11:37AM
As I set EXTRUDERS to 0 and I verify, Arduino points out that 'ARRAY 0' was not declared in this scope.
I don't understand...
July 21, 2020 11:42AM
Dust
or you could edit the code in gcode.cpp

Please, bare with me..
What/where/how do I edit the gcode.cpp?
I looked in the arduino tabs but there's nothing called like that in the Marlin.ino. Beside, for what I know the gcode is the file I imported in pronterface, the print in a nutshell...
July 21, 2020 12:06PM
If you followed that tutorial to the letter, you using much older marlin 1.1...

you will find the equivalent in Marlin_main.cpp

line 12992
case 104: gcode_M104(); break;

line 13014
case 109: gcode_M109(); break;

add // to the front of each of these two lines.
July 21, 2020 12:35PM
Yes! that worked!
As you said, except e, x,y and z are now moving.

I can now carry on with the tests; and yes I do have a very old version of Marlin, I did realise that after I started to work on it, but I ll provide to upload to the latest version.
Thanks for helping out smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login