Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[solved] can someone help me identify this pcb?

Posted by ketchupOnWaffles 
[solved] can someone help me identify this pcb?
August 01, 2020 03:31PM
hello everyone
sorry if i'm in the wrong section, this is my first topic here

so i bought a second hand 3d printer for pretty cheap to use its electronics to build an i2 clone
but i have a problem, the extruder controller is dead (E0) but i suspect the E1 is still working and i still want to install a stock marlin firmware on it without all the crap that's on it (wanna make sure the safety features work)
but to do that i need the pinout of the atmega 2560 that's in there but the only references i find to this board are aliexpress links that say it's a ramps 1.4 all in one but i can't find anything more
does anyone here know what board this is ? thank you
ps : here's a link to the aliexpress postings for the board : [fr.aliexpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 06:02PM by ketchupOnWaffles.
Re: can someone help me identify this pcb?
August 01, 2020 04:19PM
Looks like this one as well:
[www.aliexpress.com]

And here: [www.aliexpress.com]

They say it's an MKS Base V1.0:

We like the combination of Arduino MEGA2560 plus RAMPS1.4 and A4982 in 3D printer,and we also find some short for them.Such as we have to plus a lot,the volume is more big etc.

Then we design a new PCBA which combine all major features of these open-source PCBAs:Arduino Mega 2560, RAMPS1.4,step stick 4988.

MKS Base V1.0 has the powerful processor ATMEGA2560 WITH 256K flash memory. It use FTDI FT232R device for USB and not ATMEGA16U2 as ARDUINO MEGA2560. In power input, we use L5970D replacing the LM1117-5.0, which make MKS Base V1.0 supporting 24V or 12V input. And XH series sockets let us easy inset the wire of step motor and end stop.

And we can clearly see it's an MKS Base v1.0 clone:
[reprap.org]

Maybe the MOSFET on E0 is fried, you could try to solder on a new one, it's not that hard honestly. Or maybe find someone to help you with it. Plenty of people who know how to do that smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 04:24PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 01, 2020 04:27PM
thank you very much, that's really helpful ^^

i'm trying the easy solution here, because using the E1 is juste switching numbers in the firmware

thank you again, is there a way to mark this as solved ?
August 01, 2020 06:01PM
ketchupOnWaffles
thank you very much, that's really helpful ^^

i'm trying the easy solution here, because using the E1 is juste switching numbers in the firmware

thank you again, is there a way to mark this as solved ?

Great to be of help. Let us know how it went and if E1 worked smiling smiley
You can add [Solved] in the title when you edit the first post right? If not I can do it for you!

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login