Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie with BL-Touch issues

Posted by Waldorfian 
Newbie with BL-Touch issues
August 31, 2020 12:15PM
Building a coreXY printer from scratch with Arduino Mega 2650 with RAMPS 1.4 shield. I'm also using Marin 1.1.9.

X and Y axes work as they are intended and home perfectly every time. When the printer is powered up, the BL-Touch self-tests and the red light stays on with the sensor in the triggered state (post retracted). When I try to home the Z-axis, it smashes into the nozzle. I watched a bunch of youtube videos and they all seem to set the Marlin firmware slightly differently. I don't find the online documentation from BL-Touch manufacturer all that useful. I don't know if I need to set the servo pin as I saw on videos about ANET A8 printers. RAMPS 1.4 board servo pin is D11 as far as I know.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (73 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (71.5 KB)
Re: Newbie with BL-Touch issues
September 01, 2020 09:18AM
In your configuration.h Z probing section many of the needed #Defines have // in front of the line, this this turns the line into a comment instead of a definition.
Re: Newbie with BL-Touch issues
September 01, 2020 01:14PM
obewan
In your configuration.h Z probing section many of the needed #Defines have // in front of the line, this this turns the line into a comment instead of a definition.

Thanks for the reply. Can you be a little more specific on "many of the needed #Defines"? I had tried just the changes described in the many youtube videos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login