Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Serial port menu grayed out in arduino

Posted by Sirpaz 
Serial port menu grayed out in arduino
November 21, 2020 06:52AM
Hi everyone,
I am working on a Mac with arduino and a board mega 2560. For some reason the menu port that let me select the port for the board is grayed out and I cannot update the firmaware on it.
Does anyone has run in the same issue?
VDX
Re: Serial port menu grayed out in arduino
November 21, 2020 04:24PM
... seems, there is no USB port found -- so check, if your Arduino ist listed in the device list ... otherwise the driver doesn't work correct ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 22, 2020 10:58AM
I don't know the Mac OS very well - but on my Linux system that often indicates that the user doesn't have the correct access rights for the comms port.
November 22, 2020 01:25PM
So, I was worried that I would have not been able to upload the firmware in my board with the menu disabled. Apparently tough, that menù was irrelevant to the process as I successfully uploaded the firmware once verified.
On the other hand, not being able to see the port was an issue on pronterface, that could not connect to the board. I must have worked around this problem by downloading and installing the USB drivers available from this website: [www.ftdichip.com]
Not until I checked that there were conflicting old drivers.

I found out that many users were running in similar problems and just as many ways were adopted to fix them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login