Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin extruder skipping steps and not working

Posted by Olbol 
Marlin extruder skipping steps and not working
December 30, 2020 03:00PM
Hello, I've been setting up marlin on my 3d printer and have encountered some problems with my extruder. When i try to test it in Pronterface, it will not extrude at all and the motor just skips steps. What could be the problem? i have not encountered problems like this when building printers in the past. Any responses will be greatly appreciated!
Re: Marlin extruder skipping steps and not working
December 30, 2020 04:49PM
I hear your explanation though do not see a hot-end temperature or a filament type PLA, ABS ect...

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
December 31, 2020 09:33AM
Roberts_Clif
I hear your explanation though do not see a hot-end temperature or a filament type PLA, ABS ect...

Apologies. My filament is generic 1.75mm PLA that I have printed with no problems before. The nozzle is 0.4mm and I was testing the hotend at various temperatures from 185 degrees c up to 210. I’ve since taken apart the hotend to check for any clogging but it is clear throughout. I went into marlin and put the max feedrate right down to 0.4mm/sec and that’s the fastest I can get the motor running without it skipping steps! I’m not sure what to do next.
December 31, 2020 11:15AM
UPDATE:
I stupidly got some marlin settings wrong, which are now fixed. Thanks for the response!
December 31, 2020 03:03PM
I am glad you found your errors that was my next question for you to post your Marlin configuration settings.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 01, 2021 07:45AM
Thanks for your time and responses, Robert!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login