Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TMC2208/TMC2225 ALL LOW ERROR

Posted by heatvent 
TMC2208/TMC2225 ALL LOW ERROR
March 13, 2021 10:20AM
So I recently put an SKR v1.3 and TMC2225 steppers on my printer. I started getting a TMC Connection Error when starting up the printer. When I did a M122, I got an "ALL LOW" error on Z2. I swapped the driver with E0 and now I am getting ALL LOW on E0 and Z2. So I swapped again to Z1 and now all three say ALL LOW. My guess is I have a fried driver that has now fried my board but I want to confirm what is bad (the board or the drivers or both). The board is setup for UART (all jumpers removed from the stepper connections except the red UART pins).

Thanks!

Other observations:
  • I also noticed that whatever driver is connected to E1 seems to get warm. Not hot but warmer than the other drivers. So maybe it's the E1 port frying the drivers?
  • I changed Z, Z2 and E0 to be in standalone mode and moved the correct jumpers. Z1 and E0 work. Z2/E1 is still not working.
  • #define NUM_Z_STEPPER_DRIVERS is set to 2
  • At no point did I power the board by USB
  • So I swapped the Z1 and Z2 drivers in standalone mode and the other/Z1 stepper stopped working. So one of the drivers is definitely bad. I put in my old DRV8825's and at least have it working/functional. I did try putting E0 back to UART mode and it had the same TMC Connection Error. So either I fried the driver or fried the board UART mode, not sure.
  • I took one of the marginal TMC2225 drivers (one of the two where I can use in standalone mode in Z1, Z2 or E0 but won't do UART without an error) and put it in my Y axis spot and it seems to function correctly in UART mode. So my guess is I have a bad TMC2225 that destroyed something related to UART for the Z1, Z2/E1, and E0 ports on the board sad smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2021 06:48PM by heatvent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login