Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help configuring z-axis

Posted by Kyler 
Need help configuring z-axis
April 14, 2021 07:50AM
Hi, so recently I set up a Hypercube 3D-printer based on Tech2C's project on thingiverse and everything is fine beside one thing. It's a core xy printer with moving bed, which is the problem - everywhere in Slic3r it say "moving nozzle" and I just can't find a topic explaining how to configure workspace in case of moving bed. Essentially it should start at max position and lower as the print goes on but even though I home to 1 (maximum) correctly, as soon as the print starts the bed goes to 0 because g-code thinks I have a nozzle that moves upwards as the print progresses. I'd like to add that configuration.h provided in the project doesn't help as it sets homing in all directions to 0, and defines endstops as min even though you can see that in the pictures the endstop is at the top of the frame for Z axis.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2021 08:02AM by Kyler.
Re: Need help configuring z-axis
April 14, 2021 08:41AM
The bed is at Z=0 when it is touching the extruder nozzle. The coordinate system is viewed from the point of view of the print. When the bed is moving down, to the print it looks like the nozzle is moving up, so the bed is moving in the positive Z direction when it is moving down.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Need help configuring z-axis
April 14, 2021 09:11AM
Ooh I see. So I just had to invert the Z axis so that + is downwards in Marlin FW and set Z endstop to min. Thank you very much for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login