Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A problem with all those axis on my new printer.....

Posted by MrGlenn 
A problem with all those axis on my new printer.....
June 20, 2021 02:35AM
Hello again peoples.

As in my previous post, I am still very much a newbie to this 3D printing malarky.

SO, having solved the issue with the SD card, I have now run into a new problem. After watching a lot of those youtube videos, it became apparent that the 3Dbenchy boat thingy would be a good object for my first print. So gcode file on SD card and off we jolly well go....... not!
The extruder just moves side to side along the X axis for a total of about 60 cm squirting out a line of blue plastic! And it will not even move to the middle of the bed before it starts. I know for a fact that the Y and Z axis motors are functioning because all 3 operate when selecting 'Auto Home'. The extruder head thingy moves nicely to the front left corner. And that is where it will start printing it's little line. If (with printer unplugged from mains) I move the build bed manually so that the head is roughly in the middle, then that is where it will start printing - but still only the roughly 60 cm line. It seems to me that it is not recieving any commands to move on either the Y or Z axis.

I have gone over the settings - using Cura 4.9.1 - many times now and all "seems" well to my newbie brain. I have tried both the 'Marlin' and the 'RepRap' g-code flavors. I then made an object of my own in 3DSMax, exported to *stl then put it through Cura to slice it up etc; but the result on the build bed is exactly the same every time.

Any ideas anyone? Many thanks in advance - all replies will be deposited in my newbie brain for future reference.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_7.jpg (61.9 KB)
Re: A problem with all those axis on my new printer.....
June 20, 2021 02:45AM
Sorry, I should have supplied details about what the printer actually is. So here they are:

AA+Inks RePrap Prusa i3 Pro B (Amazon)

Product description

Proposed Environment:
Operation Environment: Good ventilation. No dust; Temperature: 15℃~35℃.
Relative humidity: 20%~80%( no condensation).
Storage Environment: Temperature: 0℃~40℃. Relative Humidity:
10%~80%(no condensation. Free of corrosive gas and clean.

Printer Parameters:
Structure Sizes: 200mm*200mm*180mm (these are the maximum sizes. It is
advised to decrease practical sizes).
Input Voltage: 110V-220V
Applicable Operation System: Windows7/8(32-bit/64-bit)
Software: Cura
Printing Raw Material: PLA
Raw Material Property: Special PLA designed for 3D printing (exclusive composition)
Layer Precision: 0.1mm-0.5mm
Positioning Precision: XY shafts, 0.011mm
Filament Diameter: Z shaft, 0.025mm
Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
Moving Shaft Speed: 30mm/s_100mm/s
Recommended Nozzle Moving Speed: 35-40 mm/s
Input File Type: stl
Cooling Method: Wind cooling
Maximum Temperature of Nozzle: 260℃(usually 210℃)
Maximum Temperature of Bed: 130℃(usually 65℃)

Package list:
1.All assembly units
2.All assembly tools
3.Software
4.1 Roll filament(ABS/PLA) (This printer is designed to fit 1.75mm filament, for it can melt more quicker.)
5. CD card
June 20, 2021 03:17AM
You should have a basic move axis on the lcd, so you can manually try Y ans Z
June 20, 2021 03:30AM
the image you provided on the other thread motherboard

Shows nothing plugged into Y-Motor

The plugs are labled as X-Motor, Y-Motor, Z-Motor1, Z-Motor2 and E-Motor
June 20, 2021 03:40AM
Blimey, I can't believe I missed that!!!! I know I just had my 68th birthday and I know my eyes are not quite as good as they used to be, but really I am shocked that I missed something so simple - I actually thought that other cable still in the box was just a spare. I hope I'm not losing it!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login