Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X- and Y-axis not moving, but locking

Posted by retrofero 
X- and Y-axis not moving, but locking
July 12, 2021 11:41AM
Since a few months I've been busy designing and building my own 3d printer, using the Bigtreetech skr1.4 turbo board in combination with tmc2209 stepperdrivers.
After the mechanical assembly was done and i configured the Marlin 2.0 software I wanted to test all the axis but came to the conclusion that for some reason only the extruder motor and the Z-axis would move.
The X- and Y-Axis get powered, but for some reason they lock until 'supposedly' they moved the unit they were supposed to move. This issue can be seen (and heard) in the video: [youtu.be]

Now after a lot of trying to troubleshoot by turning on or off the sensorless homing, swapping drivers, wires and motors I came to the conclusion that all the electrical en mechanical parts were fine. The issue has to be either the mainboard or the software. Since I don't think something on the board is broken I'm thinking I did something wrong in the code, but I can't figure out what it could be.

Does anyone maybe recognise this problem or know the solution?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2021 11:42AM by retrofero.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (94.9 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (147.9 KB)
Re: X- and Y-axis not moving, but locking
July 12, 2021 02:17PM
Sharing your config.h file might help.
July 12, 2021 02:53PM
Right, sorry. Didn't know it was possible to attach files like that, I added the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h in the main post!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2021 02:54PM by retrofero.
July 12, 2021 10:35PM
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION { 3000, 3000, 100, 10000 } //{ 3000, 3000, 100, 10000 }

not adjusted for lead screws

and check that you have reset eeprom to match firmware settings M502 restore settings then M500 save settings
July 13, 2021 06:28AM
Thanks a lot for your input, I sent the m502 and m500 commands via the display terminal of the printer and the printer works fine now.
For some reason my laptop never properly sent those two specific commands to the board.

Anyways huge thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login