Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inductive probe stays triggered

Posted by Kyler 
Inductive probe stays triggered
November 07, 2021 12:44PM
Hi, I have an inductive PNP-NO probe, which I connect to a 12V power source and through a voltage divider (12-->3,3V) to my BTT SKR 2.0 board. When I measure voltage on the signal pin it says 0 when there is no metal near the probe and 3,3V when there is. However, when I plug the signal wire into the z endstop in the board, the measured voltage without metal is 1,5V not 0. I believe this causes the probe to be constantly on. Is there anything I can do if my board doesn't have a pull-down resistor or do I need, a normally closed probe?
Re: Inductive probe stays triggered
November 08, 2021 03:03AM
It sounds like you have used high value resistors in the voltage divider. Try using lower value ones.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Inductive probe stays triggered
February 16, 2022 02:12PM
I am at the end of my wits here. I connected the wires BROWN BLUE BLACK from left to right on the Z ENDSTOP MIN pins on my RAMPS 1.4. It's a 6-36V sensor, and figured it might work on 5V. I take it that the sensor is open when the LED is out, and TRIGGERED when the LED is on. So the sensor and LED react to steel and aluminum without any problems, but according to M119, it stays open. I tested the Z ENDSTOP pins on the RAMPS with another mechanical endstop, and according to M119 it opened and triggered as it should.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login