Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

y axis movement issue

Posted by yoonus_rox 
y axis movement issue
December 02, 2021 08:11AM
Hi, about a few months ago i took out my 3d printer which i had kept away for a while and started to 3d print with it. everything was fine and it would print well. that is unitl recently when i started having problems with my y axis. whenever i home the y axis it moves the wrong direction by a few mm and stops and when i move the y axis using pronterface it would only move one direction and not the other.

the printer uses a ramps1.4 board with a4988 stepper drivers

just to mention again it was working fine until recently, so i dont think that its an issue with a firmware.

i tried connecting the y axis stepper motor to the x axis in the ramps board just to see if the stepper was ok and it worked fine
i changed the stepper driver to a newer one and still had the same issue
i checked if the driver was heating up but it wasnt

can someone pls help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2021 08:12AM by yoonus_rox.
Re: y axis movement issue
December 02, 2021 02:46PM
Your Y endstop is probably disconnected. When it is disconnected it is triggered.

When you try and home with the endstop already triggered it attempts to home, thinks it already is so doesn't move, then backs off a bit, then attempts to home again and again doesn't as the endstop is already triggered.
Ie it move a little bit in the wrong direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2021 03:11PM by Dust.
Re: y axis movement issue
December 03, 2021 12:12AM
omfg thank u so much!!!
u have no idea how much pain my head has been going through trying to solve this problem.
hot smileysmileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login