Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UPDATE **Novice-Friendly Instructions**

Posted by redskinsjbs 
UPDATE **Novice-Friendly Instructions**
February 03, 2008 02:16PM
So many of you may know that I have been trying to convert the wiki into a more novice-friendly set of instructions. To do this, I settled upon making a slide presentation that goes step by step. This is the earliest beta version. The final version will have more menus for faster navigation and more consistent navigation routines. Any and all feedback helps.

[redskinsjbs.fileave.com]

I have uploaded it there.

Jay
Re: UPDATE **Novice-Friendly Instructions**
February 04, 2008 01:26AM
A good start Jay. Nice work.

Demented
Ru
February 05, 2008 06:53AM
Justa couple of small points... for a slideshow, there's an awful lot of text on some of the slides. I'd be tempted to break them up into smaller ones. If nothing else, for those of us with less than enormous screens, the font size is rather small!

Secondly, if you're going to use flash, are you going to make it flashy? If you're not giving me fancy animations and intractive thingies, I'd much rather you give me a nice web page instead, which can be scrolled and searched, etc etc.

Ooh, and the forwards/backwards buttons on the electronics page are invisible, but still clickable.

Nitpicking aside, good work! I'm in the process of saving up for a kit from bits and bytes. I'll be sure to read the rest of the guide soon winking smiley
February 05, 2008 09:10PM
Ok Thanks guys.

~~Ru~~ I want it to be flashy, except I keep getting goofy things that happen. The reason why the buttons still work is because they are on he most parent screen, so I'd have to cover them with something. But yea, thanks for the input. I'll be compressing the ext shortly to accommodate those who have less than huge screens.(My test is going to be if it is legible on my Asus EEE.) See, I make the presentation on a 24 -inch wide-screen, so the whole screen size thing wasn't as apparent to me.

*I got Ian's parts and they work pretty well. i'm not completely finished yet, all i have to do is the Y axis and the stage, but aside from that it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 09:11PM by Jay Swift.

Jay
Anonymous User
June 18, 2008 05:37AM
I get "Access Denied - Account Disabled " when I try to access the url.

Sounds like a very good idea though smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login