Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TKinter??? python 3.2 and repG 25

Posted by comwarrior 
TKinter??? python 3.2 and repG 25
September 02, 2011 11:57AM
Good afternoon,
my builds are taking hours (sometimes a day) to complete (not including actually printing something) and i don't understand quite why...
So, i grabbed the latest repg25 and python 3.2

I pointed repg at python 3.2 and it asks for tkinter? sends me off to a downloads page for python only to be told tkinter is already in python3.2 or something like that.

So, i'm confused. Has anyone come across this before?

thanks
Re: TKinter??? python 3.2 and repG 25
September 02, 2011 12:35PM
On windows, linux or mac?
September 02, 2011 01:34PM
woops, sorry, win 7 ulti 64
September 02, 2011 05:31PM
Hmm, I've had trouble with linux installs before and had to go find supporting packages, but never with a windows install. It always just works. Not sure.
September 02, 2011 05:58PM
From what i've read python 3.2 64 is supposed to be multi-threaded... hence why i want to use it... other versions of skein when pointed at python 3.2 just completely blank it like i'd not told it to do anything anything...

The only reference to TKinter i found on python told me to put an export statement into my TCL file... but were not using TCL in skein...
So, like... EH?????

My linux servers are LFS (Linux From Scratch) and they don't have a GUI (anyone that uses a GUI on a linux server is just plane lazy!) although, it is tempting to install python and all it's dependencies... but my servers do not have fast CPU's, so the exercise would be pointless...
September 09, 2011 08:31PM
I know that in Ubutnu you can get the TKinter dependency by installing 'python-tk'. There might be something similar for Windows. You'll be looking for the TKinter library for Python in Windows.
September 12, 2011 07:57PM
The tkinter test on pythons help confirms it is their... and i can see the tkinter.dll
Liso
November 07, 2011 03:49PM
Python is case sensitive and 3.x is using tkinter, python 2.x Tkinter.

Probably I am completely wrong but maybe python 2.7 could you help using repg 25 scripts...

Sorry - I have no idea about repg 25 just googling pages about tkinter so be patient if I am totally wrong smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login