Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chicago RepRap Support

Posted by jpreskitt 
Chicago RepRap Support
October 31, 2011 02:54AM
Anyone in the Chicago area with a working RepRap? I'm looking for a support group. I've built a Mendel mostly the mechanics. and I'm looking for some electronics help as well as some squaring/ calibrating help.
If anyone's out there, I'd appreciate the help. I have extensive CAD experience and could offer some modeling help.
Thanks in advance!
John

john@unbiasedclothing.com
Re: Chicago RepRap Support
December 11, 2011 12:40AM
May be a little late, But I'm in northern indiana. I'm John, from SeeMeCNC Don't know if you'd be up for a drive over here, but you can come to our shop and we can help you get set up.

John "oly"
July 02, 2012 07:30PM
I'm new on the 3d printer need to get all parts to build it i have lot of time after work - do any one have parts i have looking at different sites but they are to mush for my buget.
I'm good with maches ( lathe & mill) if need to make them but need dimentions. Well guy i' m here if i can help.
July 20, 2012 12:39AM
If you are looking for parts for your 3D printer such as Prusa, Printrbot, etc... visit http://www.terabyts.com. If you don't see what you need drop me a line.
January 02, 2013 10:37AM
I got the 3d printer buildt. But having problems communicating with the printer all motor are set and the electronics too, the arduino is comunicating fine but have no moving or heat on the printer. Can you help
January 02, 2013 02:18PM
By way peter thanks for the info. Where to get part, igot the machine built but having hard time with the electronics and software.

If you any one can hel on this one that will be a big help
Thanks you all.
January 31, 2015 08:09PM
Starting with building my first 3D printer. I would like to build a Darwin. Can anybody help me with printing the parts and advice with where to buy the rest of things, such as rods and electronics.

Thanks in advance.

ed
February 23, 2015 12:01PM
Hi pedrosk,

Several years ago I built a Mendel (with RAMPS 1.3) that works mechanically and has printed a few calibration cubes, but I never had a chance to fully calibrate the software etc. I printed it on a makerbot cupcake CNC (took a long time). I also have a lot of extra parts for it such as a heated bed. It has been sitting collecting dust for the past few years. If you are interested in short-cutting the build process, I would be willing to sell the reprap and all of the related parts. If your interested, reach out and I can send you pictures etc. Its located in downtown chicago and I am not really wanting to deal with shipping it.

Best,
James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login