Chicago, IL

Posted by lordcat 
Chicago, IL
November 08, 2007 01:50PM
(western suburbs)

LEGO Bricks FTW!
Re: Chicago, IL
November 08, 2007 02:57PM
Forum created. You should go in and introduce yourself.

Chicago has a local chapter of dorkbot:
[www.deadtech.net]
and a local robotics group:
[www.chibots.org]
You may want to talk to them about the project and see if they are interested.

Also, someone from Chicago came by our table at the Austin Maker Faire and expressed interest in a group. I've let him know about it.

This thread will self-delete after a day or two of inactivity.
April 25, 2008 09:33PM
My name is John Stoner... it's a name, not a lifestyle. I live in the city.

I just placed an order form my reprap from bitsfrombytes... not a cheap way to go, but I'm not patient enough to do a repstrap. I basically was talking with friends about how cool this idea is, and I talked myself into wanting one, and then I saw bitdsfrombytes had kits, and I thought, 'Fuck it, I gotta get me one.' My largest impulse buy ever. I can't wait till it gets here.

I've been to Dorkbot Chicago. It was fun.

If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I do wanna replicate some for my most creative friends. I have connections with the Burning Man community here in Chicago.
May 26, 2008 09:42PM
Hi John,

I just moved to Chicago, and I'm very interested in building a reprap (as soon as I finish moving in) - I'd love to get together with you (and/or any other Chicago area reprap people) and see how your build is going.

S
May 27, 2008 01:50AM
I reveceived it recently... currently remodeling my kitchen, so it's delaye a bit... also experiencing technical difficulties on some other projects. But sure, anytime you wanna get together, I'm johnstoner2 [[at]] gmail.
Nat
repraps in chicago
July 02, 2008 05:29PM
hey y'all,

I'm up for helping anybody build anything.

I'm super handy with the soldering iron and okay with many other tools.

Have a decent metal shop and access to most tools imagineable.

Feel free to contact me if anyone's doing a reprap build (or whatever)

nat

smonkey[at](take out this bit)gmail
October 21, 2008 01:18PM
Hi, new to Chicago. Transplant from DC (was part of DorkBot/DC). I am interested in building a RepRap and would like to start working on one this fall/winter. It seems there are a few of us with similar intents. Perhaps a RepRap builder support group should be formed? Or at least a more active DorkBot group?

Also, does anyone know of any groups here in Chicago at are like the Hactory (http://thehacktory.org/) in Philly?

Thanks,
Brian
November 18, 2008 02:59AM
I'm hosting a build night at my place Monday December first... email me at johnstoner2 [[at]] gmail for details.

The hacktory looks pretty cool. Don't know of anything similar here. There are a few bike-oriented groups--[westtownbikes.org] , and [workingbikes.org] are places you could check out.
November 22, 2008 07:02PM
hey all,

i'm definitely interested in helping out with anything i can. i'd also like a reprap of my very own one day, so anything leading towards that end would be awesome.

i've got a bunch of electro/mechanical/coding experience, and an ME degree from NU which i'm not using nearly enough. (in terms of modeling and fabbing stuff at least.)

andres (at) healthytiger (.com)
January 31, 2015 08:01PM
Hey,

I am Ed. I a newbie and want to start at the beginning. I want to build the Darwin! Can anybody help me with printing out parts and advice where to buy whats not printed e.g. rods etc.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login