Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Display in pronterface gui parameters other that temperature.

Posted by parto 
Display in pronterface gui parameters other that temperature.
May 07, 2015 11:50AM
Hi,
I use pronterface on windows and have added buttons to run various Gcodes and also copied scripts that others have posted into the pronsolerc file.
I have recently added a sensor to my printer which monitors filament diameter and adjusts a parameter in Marlin to compensate for over or under diameter filament. See ---> [www.thingiverse.com]
What I want to do now but don't know how, is to add a real time readout of measured filament diameter. I can manually get this value returned to the diaplay by typing M407 or make a button to give me the value when I press it but I would like instead to have pronterface constantly update this value as it does for bed and extruder temperature automatically during the print. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so how to do it.

Parto
Re: Display in pronterface gui parameters other that temperature.
June 11, 2015 12:37PM
You'll need the source files: [github.com]

unpack the files and go to the directory and in the printrun/gui directory open controls.py

You can find all the stuff in there like the speed slider and the extrude filament buttons, just put your display wherever you want it. Beware: You need to manually specify the positions of your elements and they can change based on the mode printrun is in (standard, compact, mini controls, standard controls, etc).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login