Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installed pronterface but still errors

Posted by Slou90 
Installed pronterface but still errors
May 05, 2016 06:30PM
Hi, sorry if this question is basic but it's really giving me fits.

I installed Pronterface and spent a couple days getting errors cleaned up. I initially posted for help on the wrong forum category.

At first I didn't have numpy installed but I worked through that. One error after another I got solved but I'm stuck with the following when starting pronterface.py (by the way, the program appears to start just fine, I just have this message in the command prompt):

WARNING:root:Memory-efficient GCoder implementation unavailable: No module named gcoder_line
WARNING:root:psutil unavailable, could not import power utils:No module named psutil

I followed the steps in the readme (https://github.com/kliment/Printrun#cython-based-g-code-parser) and installed Cython and then tried running "python setup.py build_ext --inplace." When I do this, I get the following error:

WARNING:root:Memory-efficient GCoder implementation unavailable: No module named gcoder_line
running build_ext
building 'printrun.gcoder_line' extension
error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

I installed Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7 to try and resolve the missing vcvarsall.bat

I'm using Python 2.7 and Windows 10

So here is where I'm stuck. I'm very new to this but I'm mostly finished with my first 3D printer and am trying to sort the software out. Is it worth working through this to use printrun or would another program be better?

Thanks for any help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2016 06:34PM by Slou90.
Re: Installed pronterface but still errors
May 06, 2016 11:38AM
Use the pre-compiled version at [koti.kapsi.fi]
Re: Installed pronterface but still errors
May 09, 2016 08:13PM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login