Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Placing objects on the bed of a delta in Pronterface - having problems. [SOLVED]

Posted by David J 
Placing objects on the bed of a delta in Pronterface - having problems. [SOLVED]
December 02, 2019 05:13AM
Machine: Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus

I have finally managed to get the motherboard to talk to Pronterface, and I can send G-codes to interact with the printer. All good so far.
Repetier-Host and Cura can both send G-code to the printer and print them properly, so there's no fundamental problem with either the printer or its communications.

Pronterface insists on placing newly loaded G-code files in the bottom-left corner, well off the circular bed. When I try to print the effector goes to the top-right corner (approximately) and continues there.
I have used both slic3r and cura to generate G-code files, and Pronterface treats them exactly the same way.

It seems that Pronterface isn't behaving as though the bed is circular, even though I have set it and the central window also shows a circular bed.

It is quite possible - almost certain - that I have missed a parameter in the Pronterface settings, or set something incorrectly. However I've been staring at it for the past hour or two and I can't see anything wrong...

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 06:12AM by David J.
Re: Placing objects on the bed of a delta in Pronterface - having problems.
December 02, 2019 05:28AM
What about your Build dimensions X and Y offsets?

On a delta shouldn't they be set to -1 * diameter/2
So for a diameter of 200 X offset and Y offset would be -100
Re: Placing objects on the bed of a delta in Pronterface - having problems.
December 02, 2019 05:30AM
I shall investigate shortly... I have a print running at the moment (via Repetier-Host!).

Thanks.
Re: Placing objects on the bed of a delta in Pronterface - having problems. [SOLVED]
December 02, 2019 06:11AM
Thank you so much! smileys with beer

A simple omission on my behalf, but it now works correctly. Setting the X- and Y-Home positions to the same value also stopped the effector trying to push its way through the X column at the end of the job... eye popping smiley

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 06:11AM by David J.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login