Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Accel value and Marlin?

Posted by windcalmer 
Accel value and Marlin?
May 11, 2015 08:10PM
I have recently been playing with acceleration settings and trying ot dial in my printer. So I open up Marlin adn change my accel values under
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves

So I changed it to 1000. THen I upload and go into the menu of my LCD and it still says 2000 under Control---Motion---Accel

What did I not do right?

Also, while I have a new topic open...All of the sudden my manual Z moves are very slow, as are my Z homing speeds. I have not changed my Z values at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2015 08:13PM by windcalmer.
Re: Accel value and Marlin?
May 11, 2015 10:48PM
You need to upload then I think it's M500 in ponterface or program you use store settings to eeprom

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 11, 2015 10:52PM
use m501 command to check the stored value in eeprom, even if you change in firmware and reflash, the board always use settings stored in eeprom
May 12, 2015 03:06AM
About eeprom use:

I played around with arduino-based "multiwii"-quadcopters. Everytime I changed something, it was good practice to run an "erase all eeprom data" program, before flashing the new firmware with updated values.

Is it neccessary here too?
-Olaf
May 12, 2015 03:08AM
M5O3 reads from memory which brings up your firmware memory then M500 using your eeprom

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login