Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie just given an i3 by father :-)

Posted by exibar 
newbie just given an i3 by father :-)
August 22, 2015 04:34PM
Hi all!
I was just given an i3 from my father when he upgraded to a larger unit. It had a few issues when I received it, but it is operational now from what I can see.... it communicates with my computer fine and I can use the autoleveling and "first use wizard" fine...

Autoleveling in migbot brings the initial stop way off the alum bed.... by like 2 inches. then the next step in the process the head is off the bed at the other end by about half an inch... I'll post a video later tonight to show y'all what I mean...

Is there a way I can adjust the end stops? or is that all controlled by limit switches?

is there a program I can use that will simply advance the head x far from zero? I'm currently using migbot....

I'm not a newbie to programming, nor to electronics (I went to college for Electrical Engineering decades ago)... but I am certainly a newbie when it comes to 3d printing and such :-)

thanks all!
Mike B
Re: newbie just given an i3 by father :-)
August 23, 2015 03:56AM
The end stops define the point for each axis as zero reference. If the z is off by 2 inches, adjust the z offset by about -50mm which can be adjusted in firmware, gcode or through the display. If you're using marlin you can find it under control/motion.

for x and y axes you need to move the end stop switches to the desired location. Make sure to fasten them tightly. Just move the x carriage to the printable edge of the bed, move the x endstop so the switch just makes contact. Do the same with the y end stop. Make sure you set the soft end stops to about 200mm. If something goes wrong it will not move beyond 200mm from the end stop position.

Have a read at repraps wiki for the prusa i3, there's a lot of info, like a calibration guide. on youtube there's a lot of tutorials to setup the printer properly too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2015 03:58AM by imqqmi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login