Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Control Board for HIC Prusa i3

Posted by averagejoe88 
New Control Board for HIC Prusa i3
August 25, 2015 08:51PM
Hi,

I am new to 3d printing (first post here), I just bought and assembled a HIC Prusa i3. It came with a MKS Base V1.3 Control Board, Cura, and the Firmware i received (after contacting the seller) was simply a marlin_screw.hex file that I uploaded to the board via Cura. (No config.H file to be found).

Now everything is working fine except the x-axis, it won't move via the LCD screen or Cura. The motor is completely unresponsive by the way.

The x-axis motor works when plugged in the y or z axis ports. The y and z motors do not work when plugged into the x-axis port.

I believe I have bad firmware or a bad stepper driver. Unfortunately, the stepper drivers are built into the board.

Now to my question...

If I end up getting a new board, I am confused on what boards would be compatible with my printer. Should I try and buy another MKS V1.2 or V1.3 and upload the marlin_screw.hex file that the seller provided? Or is there a better option for a new control board...

I find it hard to believe that the firmware the seller provided would be misconfigured...

Thank you for your help!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 09:24PM by averagejoe88.
Re: New Control Board for HIC Prusa i3
January 12, 2016 04:20PM
I would like to know if you every got your problem with your printer worked out or got a new board? Thank you, I have the same problem and I have the same printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login