Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folgertech 2020 i3 Stepper Issue

Posted by Caleb9107 
Folgertech 2020 i3 Stepper Issue
February 02, 2016 06:23PM
Hi all, fairly new to 3d printing/reprap. I have a enough knowledge of coding to navigate around through some of the files and some electrical sense to troubleshoot. I have run into a problem which I'm coming to you for help with.

Setup: Mega2560, Ramps 1.4, therippa's marlin.ino code, 2004 LCD from folgertech, repetier-host, slic3r.

1) My x-axis stepper motor seems to be stuttering when given commands. Some commands it will respond to, other times it just shutters violently. While stuttering, repetier still believes the motor is moving and when the program believes it has reached its 200mm movement, it will stop without using an endstop. The x-axis is plugged in in reverse to all of the other steppers at the board because if it mimics the other's it moves in the opposite direction.

My steps troubleshooting so far: I have swapped the x and y stepper motor plugs at the ramps board and the stuttering problem stays with the x-axis motor. I then suspected the A498 stepper driver so I swapped it with the spare one in the dual extruder spot to no avail. The belt is not slipping and from what I can tell it doesn't seem too tight since some commands act perfectly fine. Is there anything else I can try or do I have a bad stepper motor?

Please forgive me if my searching has passed over this issue covered/solved elsewhere.

Thanks,
Caleb
Re: Folgertech 2020 i3 Stepper Issue
February 02, 2016 08:10PM
Try adjust the stepper pot - or better still check the voltage with a multi-meter and adjust if necessary.
I would also meter the motor pairs and check they are correct - don't rely on the colour code.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login