Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GT2560

Posted by erniehatt 
GT2560
February 20, 2016 06:43AM
I just changed to a geeetec GT2560 board, and am having a hard time to get it set up, My printer was built from a kit a Prusa i3, I am using a Wade type extruder in combo with an E3D lite hotend, in a bowden configuration.
I just cant get it to run properly, the motors will only run in one direction, press the home and it will move about 20mm, have to keep pressing it to make it home, this is with all axis.
When it was connected to a normal Arduino/Ramps 1.4 everything worked fine. Any ideas.
Re: GT2560
February 20, 2016 02:37PM
Geeetech has a custom setup for Repeter-Host, slic3r, and Pronterface with the GT2560 board on their printers. Sorry, but you have to hunt for it to find that software/firmware. I don't have the link in front of me. All that I can say is that you don't have the problems that you are describing with the software downloaded from Geeetech. But my experience found new problems. So I am no expert.

However, if your printer was working perfectly with an Ardunio/ramps before, then I would go back to that setup.
February 20, 2016 10:34PM
Thanks for the reply, I may just do that yet, but I will go on a little further, as I have cured some of the problems, I now have all axis homing OK, at the moment the endstops don't seem to be functioning, so I am getting closer. The LCD works.thumbs up
I had all my problems using the Geeetec firmware, so I changed back to the original one I used previously.
February 21, 2016 04:11PM
What firmware are you using? For Marlin, the GT2560 uses BOARD_ULTIMAKER.
February 21, 2016 04:20PM
Yes I have it set for 7, which I believe is Ultimaker.
Firmware is what came with the original kit, Marlin V1.
I still have a few issues to sort, if and when I get it working properly I will attache the zip file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login