Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folgertech heated bed temp topping out too low

Posted by Fiddleback 
Folgertech heated bed temp topping out too low
April 01, 2016 08:16PM
Hi, first-time poster here.

Finished assembly of my Folger 2020 i3 yesterday, and I'm trying to put plastic down. I'm assuming the Repetier software is what all the Folgertechs are running. My hotend has no problem getting up to temp, but my glass plate won't go above 108.5 C. I do see the heat board slightly bowed, so I do plan on remedying that tomorrow. In the meantime, would a 7 degree heat deficit be enough to prevent a print from starting? I have successfully tested X, Y, and Z through their full ranges, and I have successfully pushed PLA through the hotend through manual settings. Would anything else prevent a print from starting? I'm guessing these questions have been answered a hundred times here, so linking the pertinent threads would be fine with me. Thanks!
Re: Folgertech heated bed temp topping out too low
April 01, 2016 08:57PM
I don't have a Folgertech.... but with my i3 I print PLA on 3M blue painters tape at 55c and ABS on buildtac at 65C, both stuck onto 3mm glass.

Steve
April 01, 2016 10:10PM
What are you setting the bed temp to be? Yes the print will not start until you reach the temp you have it set for.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
April 01, 2016 10:57PM
I have it set for 115 C. Is that too high?
April 02, 2016 09:07AM
Fiddleback
I have it set for 115 C. Is that too high?

WHAT??????????????? Why in the WORLD would you set the bed temperature to 115C for PLA? Have you done ANY research/reading before trying to run this machine? Or is this an April Fool joke??? Please tell me it is!

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
April 02, 2016 11:53AM
What should the temperature be?
April 02, 2016 12:25PM
I've tried to reload Repetier, reconnect the printer, but every time Repetier restarts, the default is set to 115. I've changed it in preferences, but it won't change on the print panel.
April 02, 2016 12:43PM
Okay, I found the settings in the slicer config. Print 1 is underway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login