Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need support | Hot end and z axis problems

Posted by Avib82 
Need support | Hot end and z axis problems
April 30, 2016 01:10AM
Good day dear friends.
Ive had renewed my prusa mendel i3 building project after 2 years that i didnt touched it.

Ive managed to fully aconsyruct and upgrade it and now when i started to test it i have few problems .

1) I have problems to move my z axis .
When i give the signal i hear the engines try to move .
At first both of the z axis connections of the cables was parallel to one output on the ramp , then i made each one to a single output but still have problems with moving the z axis .

2) I have problem extruding the fillament.
I have j-head mrk 3 if im not mistaking.
Im trying to use the ABS fillament.
At first i cancell the weel to push in the fillament and tryed to push the fillament manually .
I had preheated the head to diffrent C temperatures 240-265 .
Then when i started to push i had few "drops" of the fillament out of the nozzle and couldnt get out anymore .
I did ordered PLA instead of the ABS to try but it still didnt arrived so cant get any opinion about PLA on the hot end .

Would be very glad to hear your opinions of what should i try to do .

Best regards and thank you for any reply.
Avi
Re: Need support | Hot end and z axis problems
May 03, 2016 08:29AM
Hi.
1. I would go back to parallel and check the current is set correctly. Check each motor and shaft rotates freely with no power to make sure there are no mechanical issues.

2. You probably need to take the extruder apart and check it is not blocked. Do you have any other way to check the temperature of the extruder?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login