Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Migbot Prusa I3 Z axis problem

Posted by Xav987 
Migbot Prusa I3 Z axis problem
May 02, 2016 08:59AM
Hello everyone,

I received a Migbot Prusa I3 (the 3D Electron sold by 3D Printers Online Store).

There is a problem with the Z axis: the nozzle can go down but can not go up.
In the descent's direction, engines make a little noise, as if there was resistance. In the ascent's direction, engines produce even more noise and do not move.

This problem is not systematic: after setting precisely the parallelism of the two trapezoidal rods there is no noise or resistance, nor up or down, but after a few movements, the problem reappears.

This can happen at any level of the axis, at the top, bottom or middle, randomly.

If I remove the Y axis, and that there is no weight on the Z axis, there is no noise or resistance: everything works.

I tried to change the value of the potentiometer of the RAMP's Z axis (see picture), but without success. By default it was 0.8V. I tried to change several values ​​between the minimum (about 0.150mV) and maximum (about 1.8mV).

I made a video for you can see (and hear) the problem : [youtu.be]

I can not even count the hours spent trying to solve this problem. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance smiling smiley

PS: Excuse my English, it's not my native language

Printer: Migbot Prusa I3 (3D Electron)
Electronics: MKS Base V 1.2 with preinstalled Marlin
Re: Migbot Prusa I3 Z axis problem
May 02, 2016 10:56AM
Could be a bearing binding or perhaps the shafts slipping. Give the bearings a light oil or replace, check the couplings for correct installment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 10:58AM by gotswrv.
May 02, 2016 11:32AM
Thank's for the answer. It's already correctly oiled. What should I check on the couplings ? It seem ok for me.
May 02, 2016 09:08PM
did the z axis able to move by finger lifting? if so then somethings not right on the z motor or z stepper motor.
May 03, 2016 05:17AM
If I understand well (like I say, English is not my native language), you ask if the Z axis move up when I push a little to help it ?
If so, the answer is yes, as you can see in the video that I posted in my first post.

So you think one of the two Z motors is faulty, or not enough powerfull ? If it's a power problem, increase the value of the RAMP's Z axis should have fixed the problem, dont you think ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 05:26AM by Xav987.
May 04, 2016 04:56AM
@evetanlm, @gotswrv, @everyone else ? Any idea ?
May 05, 2016 02:31AM
sorry just saw, ok, as i see the video the fault have a few possibility, will you be able to take out the leadscrew and just move the motor and make it to video for me to see whether can it move itself? second if i'm not wrong another possibility is the program issue. take the video first and send to me. thanks u
May 05, 2016 08:07AM
Thank you again to taking time for me.

What you call leadscrew is it what I call trapezoidal rods? Like that : [upload.wikimedia.org]
The two Z motors can move well if they're not bind to anything.
I will able to make a video in a few hours.
May 05, 2016 08:10AM
ok. after you upload, hope i was not in bed, as time zone different, now my time is 8.03pm
May 05, 2016 09:41AM
I hope it's not too late for you. Here is the video :
[youtu.be]
First in the ascent's direction, then in descents direction.
May 05, 2016 10:01AM
Ok. So stepper seem fine to me. Now the problem is only program. You are using migbot? Can send me the firmware you using to evetanlm at gmail dot com
May 05, 2016 10:44AM
The firmware was preinstalled on the MKS Base V 1.2 motherboard when I receive it.
I don't have the sources, but it is a Marlin with custom configuration.
I can't be sure, but I think the configuration is this one : [forums.reprap.org] (see the second post).
Do you know if I can decompile it directly from the motherboard?
May 05, 2016 12:20PM
Give me eight hours when i reach office then send you the migbot software I'm using sorry real tired as now is 12.20am in my side. Sorry
May 05, 2016 12:33PM
Ok, thanks a lot!
May 07, 2016 04:04AM
Sorry out in another forum, tongue sticking out smiley [drive.google.com]
[forums.reprap.org]
May 11, 2016 01:19PM
Thank you, but with your firmware, I have exactly the same problem. I think I will try to buy new Z motors. I have no others idea.
May 12, 2016 12:24AM
Xav987, parles tu français?

Si oui, j'ai eu un problème similaire. J'ai simplement enlever 2 vis sur 4 (de chaque coté) sur les écrous en laiton fixés les pièces en plastique.
Pour ma part, le fait qu'il y ai les 4 vis bridait de travers l'écrou sur la vis trapézoïdale.
Depuis, plus de problème.

I had a similar problem. I simply removing 2 screws on the 4 (on each side) on the brass nuts attached plastic parts.
For me, the fact that there have bridled the 4 screws through the nut of the trapezoidal screw.
Since then, no problem.
May 12, 2016 02:42AM
wait wait don't buy first, maybe they use different motor. send me the picture of your motor
May 12, 2016 02:43AM
3d printing is not about buy and spent, it's about creative and problem solving.
May 12, 2016 06:55AM
Ceax
Xav987, parles tu français?

Si oui, j'ai eu un problème similaire. J'ai simplement enlever 2 vis sur 4 (de chaque coté) sur les écrous en laiton fixés les pièces en plastique.
Pour ma part, le fait qu'il y ai les 4 vis bridait de travers l'écrou sur la vis trapézoïdale.
Depuis, plus de problème.
Oui, je parle français, je vais essayer ça, merci.
May 13, 2016 02:16PM
mine did the same turned out to be an uneven x axis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login