Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wierd heat issues with Prusa I3

Posted by deadpool66 
Wierd heat issues with Prusa I3
July 25, 2016 04:14PM
Hi guys,

Been having some anomalies with my printer the last few days reprap guru . It all started when I added a second fan and wired the e3d fan directly to the psu. I powered the fan down and I'm still having problems.

Now I'm having issue hitting target temp and now today I keep have sd card reading problems on my discount lcd.

Where should I start?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 04:15PM by deadpool66.
Re: Wierd heat issues with Prusa I3
August 01, 2016 02:00PM
First, describe exactly what you did. You "added a second fan." Where was this fan connected. The extruder heat sink fan should always be connected straight to the power supply, there's no reason to turn it off.

I would inspect the Arduino board, check to see you haven't let the smoke out of the inadequate little 5V regulator.
August 06, 2016 06:04PM
The second fan is hooked up on the ramps board where the stock fan was originally. I'm able to hit temp now but I get large fluctuations during prints which messes up the adhesion.

For example I started a print yesterday it was going good I came back later and it had dropped 20 degrees and was starting to go back up.

I have a spare board I could swap in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2016 06:04PM by deadpool66.
August 09, 2016 03:42PM
Wrapped the heater block with kapton tape and this appears to have fixed the issue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login