Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Guru Prusa i3 V2 Extruder and LCD Problem

Posted by mcp0119 
RepRap Guru Prusa i3 V2 Extruder and LCD Problem
January 10, 2018 07:26PM
Hello,

I have been an avid follower of 3D printing and the great community around 3D printing. Recently, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 3D printer of my own and assemble it as well. After assembling my printer, I would go to print something and the extruder wasn't extruding. The extruder would always be at the right temperature, but after taking the fan off the front, I realized that the motor wasn't turning. I made sure that the motor wasn't stuck and the motor is able to move. I double checked the voltage it is receiving and it is perfectly getting the right amount of voltage. I have tried contacting RepRap and haven't had the best of luck.

I am also having a problem with the LCD as well. The LCD had worked for a couple weeks, but up until recently, it won't turn on. When I plug in the power supply, everything turns on besides the LCD. It has a faint blue glow to it, but it won't display anything. I checked to make sure the contrast didn't mess up, but it didn't fix anything. I plugged into the Arduino, and that is when the LCD will fully turn on and display everything. It seems as though the LCD isn't getting enough power or something, but I double checked all the connections and everything is ok.

If someone could help me with these two problems, I would be very grateful since I would finally be able to print! Thanks!
Re: RepRap Guru Prusa i3 V2 Extruder and LCD Problem
January 11, 2018 02:15PM
I am new to 3D printing too. I have the same printer and the same extruder issue.

It must be a software thing, It may be that the "hot end" has to be up to temp, before the motor turns on. When I click the manual button the software echo's back "Cold extrusion prevented" I did run it up to temp once, but still nothing happened. I think I will try again and leave it a temp longer than I did the first time.
January 12, 2018 11:43AM
yeah the hotend has to be at temp before you can extrude its just a safety feature.heat the hotend up then you can use the manual button to move the or see if the motor turns
as for the LCD not working sounds like it could be a voltage Regulator gone on the main board
but no dout someone will correct me if im wrong smiling smiley
January 12, 2018 11:57AM
If the problem is due to the voltage regulator, how would I find it and/or fix it?
January 13, 2018 05:48AM
first of i would recheck all your connections

there are a few 5v regulators pics below of wot some look like but i dont know what board you have.
they do have numbers on which you can look up in google and get the data sheets for to tell what each component is.
But im just guessing here its a 5v reg as thats wot runs most LCD's
hopefully someone else has had the same problem and knows your machine better than i do

5v regulator

5v reg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login