Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

diagonal lines on all surfaces

Posted by Nigel Kelly 
diagonal lines on all surfaces
June 10, 2019 04:25AM
Hi all I have yet another printing problem all vertical surfaces are coming out with diagonal lines approximately .5mm across and .5mm deep across them ,added on to the dimension both internal and external surfaces. I have braced and tightened all axes and belts to prevent flexibility and tried temperature variations all to no avail, I might add the same gcode prints fine on an earlier i3 clone printer. The offending printer is an i3 with bed levelling and a mixing extruder (home made), I have made all parts from scrap metals and parts printed on my other printer, buying only the Geetec mega256 and ramps with stepper drivers and stepper motors. I would be very grateful for any suggestions to fix this problem or to hear from anyone having the same problem
Re: diagonal lines on all surfaces
June 10, 2019 12:56PM
Nigel Kelly
Hi all I have yet another printing problem all vertical surfaces are coming out with diagonal lines approximately .5mm across and .5mm deep across them ,added on to the dimension both internal and external surfaces. I have braced and tightened all axes and belts to prevent flexibility and tried temperature variations all to no avail, I might add the same gcode prints fine on an earlier i3 clone printer. The offending printer is an i3 with bed levelling and a mixing extruder (home made), I have made all parts from scrap metals and parts printed on my other printer, buying only the Geetec mega256 and ramps with stepper drivers and stepper motors. I would be very grateful for any suggestions to fix this problem or to hear from anyone having the same problem

A picture of a print might give us a clue.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login