Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa MK3 not homing correctly/ failing z calibration

Posted by cevans9921 
Prusa MK3 not homing correctly/ failing z calibration
August 03, 2019 04:49PM
I've finally got my home built (clone) to pass almost all its self tests. My issue now is that it dosnt "auto home" correctly. It dosnt land in the spot on the heatbed that it should. the probe works, it senses when to stop, it has done the 9 point calibration and passed that. But for some reason when i try to do the wizard or manually go to the z calibration it fails. Im assuming because its not aligning with the spot on the heat bed but i dont know why its not aligning to it correctly is the issue.
Re: Prusa MK3 not homing correctly/ failing z calibration
August 03, 2019 04:50PM
the bot should be to spec now, im using einsy rambo, mk3 frame etc...every thing else is passing besides Z calibration and the auto home seems off to me.
August 04, 2019 12:34AM
Are you 100% sure the leadscrews are correct?

3 common lead-screws used on 3d printers
TR8x2: 2mm pitch, 2mm of linear movement per rotation. 8mm wide
TR8x4: 2mm pitch, 4mm of linear movement per rotation. 8mm wide
TR8x8: 2mm pitch, 8mm of linear movement per rotation. 8mm wide

MK3 uses TR8x8: 2mm pitch, 8mm of linear movement per rotation. 8mm wide
August 04, 2019 10:45PM
yeah i have the correct lead screws. Mine are built in to the motors. I have both Z motors tied in to each other, I forgot why i had to do this but it was for a different bot so im going to pull them apart and run them individually. I feel like this could be the issue.
August 05, 2019 12:52AM
ok so i double checked the lead screw specs and they are correct. i split the Z motors apart and still no change. I don't get it cause it passes homing calibration but wont pass z calibration.
August 05, 2019 12:53AM
heres the z motors im using but im pretty sure there fine

[www.amazon.com]
August 05, 2019 02:12AM
ok, so when i do "auto home" it some times lands in the circle on the heatbed and some times it dosnt. Every time i do the Z calibration it never ends up in the circle. I dont understand this because when i do the self test and it does the "homing calibration" it passes that....
August 06, 2019 12:44PM
just wanted to give you a shout out for all your help Dust, I really appreciate it. I figured out my issue. It seems either some binding or maybe a bad bearing is causing the Z axis to stop early. If i manual move it to the top then do Z calibration it works, but if i just hit the Z calibration it does not rise all the way to the top. I noticed this after looking at some videos of others doing the z calibrating on their printers on youtube.

I believe it is binding, I think that my 3D printed parts are not 100% accurate because of the printer i printed them on is a little rough around the edges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 12:45PM by cevans9921.
August 06, 2019 12:46PM
I should be able to get this printer to print all of its own parts out now tho, I have a handful more of prusa MK3 Frames in boxes that I now get to assemble since I now am a little more familiar with how this bot works. Again thanks for all your awesome time and help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login