Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 3rd extruder problems

Posted by Nigel Kelly 
Ramps 1.4 3rd extruder problems
March 29, 2020 12:23PM
Hi all I have added a 3rd exuder stepper to my ramps aux2 and defined pins in Pins_ramps.h as follows: #define E2_STEP_PIN 40 #define E2_DIR_PIN 63 # define E2_ENABLE_PIN 42 I have taken 5volts from a step down board connected to the 12 volt power supply and the 12 volt directly to the power supply. The motor is obviously connecting as I am having strange results, the extruder starts without any instruction when the power is turned on and goes in the reverse direction for a moment as the power is turned off. It also seems to react to commands for extruder 1 and 2 it is all too random to explain, plugging the USB in sometime stops the rotation. Are the above pins used by default for any other purpose and thereby sending duplicate instructions can someone please suggest a way to test and or correct the problems
Re: Ramps 1.4 3rd extruder problems
March 29, 2020 01:12PM
I have not tested this yet,
X1 Connector
n/c 	EN 	STP 	DIR 	+5V 
n/c 	EN 	STP 	DIR 	GND 
X2 Connector
EN 	STP 	GND 	+5V 
n/c 	DIR 	GND 	+5V 

For X1 Should you be using these.
#define E2_STEP_PIN 64
#define E2_DIR_PIN 59
# define E2_ENABLE_PIN 44

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2020 01:22PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Ramps 1.4 3rd extruder problems
March 31, 2020 03:57AM
Hi all, I seem to have stumbled on the answer, I changed the power take off, I moved the 12 volt supply from the power suppl to the ramps 12 volt pins and the 5 volt from auxillary 2 pins and now it is behaving perfectly as if by magic. Thanks to all who replied I will bear your comments in mind for future.

cheers Nigel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login