Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Replikeo Prusa i3 Rework Build

Posted by Trike 
Re: My Replikeo Prusa i3 Rework Build
August 10, 2014 04:30PM
Allnei
It was me, who talked about auto bed leveling. What you linked is mount for vanila i3, not Rework that we have.

Use this mount [www.thingiverse.com] and hot glue servo in it. I am not home, so I can´t post you picture of mine. Also you must use it with Marlin FW, because Repetier don´t have good auto bed leveling code.
Thanks Allnei! It it sill possible to attach fan duct with this mount? It's not show on pictures...
August 10, 2014 04:49PM
Guys two more question.

First, I noticed when I printed my big gear, that every level shifts slightly to the right (in X direction). What could be causing this?

Second, I've been having this annoying issue with Repetier since day 1. When I'm doing second print, it will stop heating up HotEnd. It says it's own, and I think even LED light is on but Hotend is cooling down. If I reset the board and reconnect, it starts working again. Anyone seen this issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 05:02PM by Bratan.
August 10, 2014 05:13PM
Bratan
1st thing to check is to make sure your z axis is square to the table. I've only had the other issue if I interrupt or stop print mid cycle. If I have to stop, I emergency stop after to make sure everything resets.
August 10, 2014 09:04PM
hi guys my printer moving backward is that normal ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2014 01:17AM by sult4n.
August 11, 2014 11:59AM
flyrobot
Anyone has tried to measure the Q3 temperature? What is normal operating temperature? Mine is very hot approx 140 C. According to Q3 mosfet datasheet, it can handled the heat upto 170 degree celcius and Current upto 55 Amp. But why the mosfet is very hot and i measured the current on the heat bed is only approx. 10Amp.
I still searching the strongest mosfet and coldest for heatbed.
Any idea?

I changed Q3 to a IRL8743PBF mosfet and added a small heatsink. I found the original mosfet got very hot and also the MFR1100 fuse (F2) got really hot.
Our heat bed resistence is 1.2 Ohms so 12v/1.3 ohm = 9.2Amps.
We use a small fan to help keep it cool. So far it's been good.
At 12v if the heat bed resistence is at 1.1 ohm (or lower) then you are pulling 11amps through the 11 amp fuse.

Steve
August 11, 2014 03:07PM
Bratan
Guys two more question.

First, I noticed when I printed my big gear, that every level shifts slightly to the right (in X direction). What could be causing this?

Second, I've been having this annoying issue with Repetier since day 1. When I'm doing second print, it will stop heating up HotEnd. It says it's own, and I think even LED light is on but Hotend is cooling down. If I reset the board and reconnect, it starts working again. Anyone seen this issue?
Check your X and Y belt tension and friction, I had similar problem when I was doing something on X carriage and put some force on it.

Bratan
Thanks Allnei! It it sill possible to attach fan duct with this mount? It's not show on pictures...
Yes, you can mount fan duct with mount that I linked.

sult4n
hi guys my printer moving backward is that normal ?
It depend on which axis is moving backward. Y can be little confusing, because if you have home position in right rear corner and you hit Y- then Y is supposed to move from you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2014 03:09PM by Allnei.
August 14, 2014 07:37PM
My printer will be here tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! First thing I will do is check all the parts are there and unbroken. Is there an "official" BOM so I know what to look out for?
August 14, 2014 09:43PM
This is about it [reprap.org]. Come back here with any questions. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 09:43PM by gadget_greg.
August 14, 2014 11:11PM
Cool, thanks! grinning smiley
August 15, 2014 08:25PM
*drools*
Attachments:
open | download - unboxed prusa i3.jpg (91.3 KB)
August 15, 2014 08:48PM
gadget_greg
This is about it [reprap.org]. Come back here with any questions. smiling smiley

So before I contact Replikeo - 3 arduino washers. According to the sheet, those are 3 printed parts, but I don't have them. Not unless they stuck them in one of the individual plastic baggies. Are they just round things like the picture?
August 15, 2014 09:09PM
Yeah, just 3 little 3M "washers". They're little stand-offs to keep the electronics from contacting the metal frame. Don't let THAT stop you! I had mine up and running long before I mounted the electronics. winking smiley
August 15, 2014 09:09PM
Welcome to the club Mike! smiling smiley
August 15, 2014 09:12PM
gadget_greg
Welcome to the club Mike! smiling smiley

Thank you, sir! Haha. I was just concerned because I didn't see them. If I can just go to a hardware store and get 3x 3M washers, then I won't bother contacting Replikeo about it. Heck, I don't even know where to start putting things together. I was just going down the page here - [reprap.org] and the first build page is the Y-axis assembly. I could always start with something else. Haha. I think everything else is in the package, though. I won't really know unless I break open all the little baggies and count every damn nut, bolt, and washer, though.
August 15, 2014 09:15PM
The thing is that they're plastic (3d printed winking smiley. They electrically isolate your Mega/RAMPS from shorting on the metal frame. You can rig up any damn thing to do it. Or once you get printing, print those first! tongue sticking out smiley
August 15, 2014 09:16PM
gadget_greg
The thing is that they're plastic (3d printed winking smiley. They electrically isolate your Mega/RAMPS from shorting on the metal frame. You can rig up any damn thing to do it. Or once you get printing, print those first! tongue sticking out smiley

Oh, gotcha. Hell, I could put electrical tape on it for now and just print out 3 later. Haha
August 15, 2014 10:19PM
Mine didn't have them either. Since my frame was plexi, I just used some stand offs I had laying around.
August 15, 2014 10:21PM
underthetire
Mine didn't have them either. Since my frame was plexi, I just used some stand offs I had laying around.

Well at least I know if they forgot them, they didn't just forget them in mine. Haha. Yea, I'll manage. Didn't have much time to work on the build today. Tomorrow it's off to Harbor Freight for some cheap tools because I can't find a single metric wrench. tongue sticking out smiley
August 16, 2014 12:05AM
Yeah, I've made several trips to harbor freight recently. Sadly, the closest one is an hour away. :/
August 16, 2014 12:25AM
gadget_greg
Yeah, I've made several trips to harbor freight recently. Sadly, the closest one is an hour away. :/

Thankfully there's one a few miles away from me. I think I need a whole metric wrench and/or socket set. I do have a 20% off a single item coupon tongue sticking out smiley
August 16, 2014 12:27AM
Buy the sunday paper, there's usually at least one harbor freight flier and almost always a 20% off your entire purchase coupon! (except items that you have other better coupons for) winking smiley
August 16, 2014 12:30AM
gadget_greg
Buy the sunday paper, there's usually at least one harbor freight flier and almost always a 20% off your entire purchase coupon! (except items that you have other better coupons for) winking smiley

It's funny you say that, because I subscribe to their flyer and they never have that. Also, the last time I was there, the person on line in front of me said they left that same coupon you mention in a store at one of their other locations (they were told to come to the store by me because they didn't have whatever it was they were buying in stock but my store had it.) And the clerk told the customer that they don't ever have off your entire order coupons, only off single items. Now I have to check. LOL
August 16, 2014 12:56AM
I received my plexi-frame kit from Replikeo a few days ago, but when I try to connect the y-axis assembly to the frame, the side panel is lifted up a few mm by the threaded rod, which makes the frame not perpendicular to the ground anymore.

Did anyone here have the same problem?

August 16, 2014 01:05AM
99% sure it's a 20% off purchase (not just 1 item).

Just checked in Discover magazine and the coupon there is 20% of any one item. Now I'm only 98% sure... tongue sticking out smiley
August 16, 2014 12:57PM
Yes, my frame is the same. I bought a tool box liner from harbor freight with my 20% off 1 item winking smiley and it no longer mattered. The mat make it more stable on the desk. These things are not exactly precision. I was pulling my hair out trying to square mine up with a indicator. Finally just gave up and its making reasonable parts.
August 16, 2014 02:28PM
BTW, if you don't already have one, get yourself a digital caliper. $9.99 at HF with the current email coupon! winking smiley
August 16, 2014 02:39PM
gadget_greg
BTW, if you don't already have one, get yourself a digital caliper. $9.99 at HF with the current email coupon! winking smiley

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I don't have a digital caliper and wanted to pick one up. I was thinking of getting this set and using the 20% off item coupon:

[www.harborfreight.com]

I got an email today with coupons (I also get the print flyer mailed to me) but didn't see a caliper.

*EDIT* Never mind - the caliper was in the previous email tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 02:41PM by LittleMike.
August 16, 2014 03:53PM
Check the caliper at the store. We bought 10 of them for rough measurements at work. 3 out of 10 were bent and didn't actuate smoothly. The others worked OK, just needed a good cleaning. I have a couple sets at home as well.
August 16, 2014 07:50PM
underthetire
Check the caliper at the store. We bought 10 of them for rough measurements at work. 3 out of 10 were bent and didn't actuate smoothly. The others worked OK, just needed a good cleaning. I have a couple sets at home as well.

They wouldn't let me check it at the store, but told me there was a 30 day no questions asked return policy. So I opened it in the car, instead. Haha. Seems to work fine.

I have a dumb question - none of the little baggies are labeled and none of the nuts and bolts have markings on them. How am I supposed to figure out which are M3, M5, etc?
August 16, 2014 09:07PM
As a followup to my own question, I looked at the BOM and tried to guess from there. I then took a sharpie and put M3-14, M3-24, M3-30, etc on the bags so I know what's what tongue sticking out smiley

So another question - what method did you guys use to get the M5 nuts where they belong on the X End Idler and X End Motor?

EDIT - Eh, figured it out. Heated up the nut and pressed it. Worked like a charm. Now I'm stuck on the endstops because they shipped the stupid Sainsmart brand and the wiring harness is in the way of the mounting holes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 11:22PM by LittleMike.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login