Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Prusa i3 Kit from ebay

Posted by Waltermixx 
Re: Folger Prusa i3 Kit from ebay
May 15, 2016 11:04AM
Howdy Folks, I'm back...

I've been using my makerbot mostly for printing since i got it. I only used my Folgertech when I needed someting done in ABS... well yesterday my makerbot Replicator 2 suffered a pretty bad jam, and i was unable to get consistant results from it without it jamming... new parts on order. smiling smiley In the mean time I grabbed my Folgertech Prusa I3 printer, removed the ABS, fed it PLA reduced the temp of the bed to 55, and the nozel to 195 and it's printing PLA like a champ. smiling smiley the heated bed is awesome for keeping print jobs from warping. I may never go back to ABS with it.... smiling smiley

either way Just thought I would check in again smiling smiley this printer is still awesome, even after being on the shelf for about a year ( the ABS smell was getting pretty bad ) at any rate, with PLA it's great...

I do have to figure out how to add a fan to cool the filament as it leaves the print head, so far no issues without one... I may have to review this thread and see what others have done. smiling smiley
It did manage to bridge quite well without a fan, it was a small bridge of about 15mm smiling smiley

Cheers. smiling smiley

here is a link to some pics of a MicroSD card interface holder. smiling smiley

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2016 10:11PM by Waltermixx.
May 16, 2016 09:56PM
I added a downward fan for cooling PLA prints.
I basically used the same design for the Auto Leveling servo mount, which I never ended up using,
and altered it so I could mount a fan. smiling smiley

size limits prevents me from attaching the .stl or the gcode file... sad smiley

here is a link to all my Folgertech i3 pictures:

[www.flickr.com]
January 05, 2018 08:07AM
Waltermixx
Howdy Folks, I'm back...

I've been using my makerbot mostly for printing since i got it. I only used my Folgertech when I needed someting done in ABS... well yesterday my makerbot Replicator 2 suffered a pretty bad jam, and i was unable to get consistant results from it without it jamming... new parts on order. smiling smiley In the mean time I grabbed my Folgertech Prusa I3 printer, removed the ABS, fed it PLA reduced the temp of the bed to 55, and the nozel to 195 and it's printing PLA like a champ. smiling smiley the heated bed is awesome for keeping print jobs from warping. I may never go back to ABS with it.... smiling smiley

either way Just thought I would check in again smiling smiley this printer is still awesome, even after being on the shelf for about a year ( the ABS smell was getting pretty bad ) at any rate, with PLA it's great...

I do have to figure out how to add a fan to cool the filament as it leaves the print head, so far no issues without one... I may have to review this thread and see what others have done. smiling smiley
It did manage to bridge quite well without a fan, it was a small bridge of about 15mm smiling smiley

Cheers. smiling smiley

here is a link to some pics of a MicroSD card interface holder. smiling smiley

[www.flickr.com]

Hi
I also need to get my folger tech printer running after my cude stoped.
but its been along time so it will be great help if you could post your ABS/PLA slicer settings and also your current firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login