Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts list location

Posted by nathanmc 
Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts list location
March 11, 2015 04:52AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to RepRap and I'm considering putting together the Prusa Mendel i3.

I'm making a decision to either buy a kit that has all of the parts, or sourcing the parts and putting it all together. Unfortunately, I can't even find the parts list for the Prusa Mendel i3. Am I going crazy? Shouldn't it be on this page:

[reprap.org]

I assume that it exists, not just in sections on the above page. Any guidance on the parts list location would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Nathan
Re: Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts list location
March 11, 2015 05:25AM
The page you linked to links to the Prusa Mendel design, an ancestor of the Prusa i3.

The correct Prusa i3 home page in the wiki is here: [reprap.org]

And btw, there is a specific forum for the Prusa i3 if you scroll down in the home page of the forum, in the Machines Specific section.

If this is your first RepRap build my advice is to buy a nice kit that got positive reviews either here in this forum or elsewhere. If you decide to source the parts yourself it will take longer to build, on the other hand you'll have the satisfaction of building your very own special printer... but be ready to overcome many challenges along the way!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 05:49AM by AndrewBCN.
Re: Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts list location
March 11, 2015 07:16PM
Hi AndrewBCN,

Thanks very much for your comments and information.

I'll repost the question in the appropriate section.

And thanks for your advice!

Nathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login