Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem with prusa i3 axis

Posted by kaiser1 
problem with prusa i3 axis
May 03, 2015 07:53AM
hi im new in this world, i have a prusa i3 already assembled. my problem come when i try to move manually the three axis but they dont do what i want for example i say +10mm x and the x axis moves but y moves too. also sometimes they dont stop even if they hit the end stop. im using repetier host
Re: problem with prusa i3 axis
May 03, 2015 11:28AM
the only things i can think of that would make the X& Y at the same time are if you hit the home all button or you have them plugged into the wrong sockets on the ramps board

if they dont stop at end stops it can mean your end stops arent wired correctly or not configured correctly in your firmware.

With power off manually position the x Y and Z axis so no end stops are touched. Then power on and send the M119 to your controller it will repsond with text saying what state your endstops are in
Should read open when nothing is touching and triggered when you hold the switch

USe the search function ....these issues have been addressed many times

Good luck
May 03, 2015 12:53PM
Thanks for your answer. The problem is that sometimes the x axis moves how i want and sometimes moves with the y axis, oh and the z axis dosn t move when i use manual command. I already tryed m119 but dosn t work. How can i configure my end stop ?
However i use a sanguinololu.
Thanks.
May 03, 2015 01:42PM
sorry i dont have any experience with your control board ...maybe somebody who does will respond
May 04, 2015 04:58AM
If you firmware is marlin, then post the configuration.h file so we can see the settings.
May 04, 2015 08:35AM
im really new in this world xD how can i take my configuration file?
May 05, 2015 04:07AM
kaiser1
im really new in this world xD how can i take my configuration file?
Hi,
it seems, your ATmegaboard came with the firmware already flashed? If you never flashed the board yourselve, you donĀ“t know how your config.h is set.

This would be my first step to get to know my printer better. Or ask the guy who sold you the printer, which settings he made in config.h

Good luck
Olaf
May 05, 2015 04:17AM
Hi thanks for your answer, i use a sanguinololu rev 1.3a, it is possibile refresh this board?
May 05, 2015 04:47AM
kaiser1
Hi thanks for your answer, i use a sanguinololu rev 1.3a, it is possibile refresh this board?

I don`t know the board, but in general it should be possible to flash it with a new firmware.

You have to install Arduino-IDE
download the newest Marlin-Software
go through the hole config.h Settings
and Flash it

Good luck
Olaf
May 11, 2015 02:53PM
hi this is the configuration.h file, maybe the problem is here?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (17.5 KB)
May 13, 2015 12:15AM
kaiser1
hi this is the configuration.h file, maybe the problem is here?

Is this the config.h you uploaded to your board?

Few tips here although I also new but I already made some mistake before and would like to share for precaution

-Send m114 to check endstops state and test pressing the endstop with your hand to see if there are any changes
-C or common or 1 printed on the mechanical (not one with pcb) often goes to S (signal) on the board (correct me this one)
-Always put your axis in the middle of any travel or rods
-Every time you power on your printer the board will assume the location of those axis is 0
-Try to send g0 command for example g0 y10 to move y axis to 10mm position
-If by increasing the position using g0 command moves away from the endstops, motor direction is correct (if you set the endstop as min)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login