Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Migbot Prusa i3 Unofficial Support Thread

Posted by jcabrer 
Re: Migbot Prusa i3 Unofficial Support Thread
July 19, 2015 08:48PM
Does anyone have a better design for the layer cooling fan duct?
Seems that the outlet on the standard one is just too far away to be fully affective. I notice it most on overhangs with slight warping of the layers. A better cooling fan duct should help I believe.
Unfortunately I'm not adept enough at CAD to be able to design something myself.
July 20, 2015 01:55PM
Putzer
an't get the print to the center of the bed. Always goes to the left front no matter what coordinates I change.

See my post on page 11, those settings worked great for mine.
July 22, 2015 05:45AM
IBaz
Seems that the outlet on the standard one is just too far away to be fully affective. I notice it most on overhangs with slight warping of the layers. A better cooling fan duct should help I believe.
Unfortunately I'm not adept enough at CAD to be able to design something myself.

Found this one out there somewhere...yeggi I think. It's still an arse to print. It seems to fit a 'little' better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2015 05:46AM by steaneb.
Attachments:
open | download - Migbot_Prusa_Duct_Fan_-_One_Piece.stl (166.2 KB)
July 22, 2015 06:00AM
jbehan
Has anyone found an aluminum extruder mount for this thing? I know it was mentioned very early in this forum (first page) but haven't seen anything on it since. I see there is one on flea-bay for $27 but that seems a bit high for what it is.
Also, I was looking at this...any thoughts?

[www.ebay.com]

JB.

I was lucky to get the aluminium version of the attached stl from Leo (had to pay for it) as the printed part in the kit arrived split. That only took about 10 emails. I haven't been able to find it yet but will post if I find it. There's some similar on aliexpress but it depends how much you feel like paying I guess.

Seems like our close friends have Migbot printers back in stock....the drop kicks couldn't lie straight on a plank.

cheers
Attachments:
open | download - Filament stepper frame.STL (259.8 KB)
July 22, 2015 09:36PM
thanks you for the fan duct
July 22, 2015 10:25PM
steaneb
IBaz

Found this one out there somewhere...yeggi I think. It's still an arse to print. It seems to fit a 'little' better.

Thanks mate but I have already found that one. Was hoping for something that would either be closer and more direct on the print layer or encircle the nozzle and blow from different directions. I have found many for other printers but nothing seems to exist for the Migbot. Shame as its one of the few things now that seems to let me down.
July 23, 2015 12:29AM
This one could probably be edited pretty easily to fit. Blows from 3 directions

[www.thingiverse.com]
July 25, 2015 06:36PM
Oops! Released the magic smoke this morning, going to order a board with separate stepper drivers. I don't really know how the smoke got out, I was in the middle of a 2 1/2 hour print and the X axis stopped working? Maybe it got over heated? I don't have cooling in place to the board. I tried another stepper plugged into the X port and no movement. Dang it, had it printing pretty well too.
July 26, 2015 11:24AM
Ordered an Azteeg X3, anyone know if the Migbot LCD controller will work with the Azteeg X3? Everything else is very well documented. I'm in the process of drawing up my own version of the Prusa style printer and the Azteeg will go on it. I'll be using parts from Open Builds.com and some parts cut on my CNC machine.
July 27, 2015 03:46AM
should not be any issue, as the LCD common type.
July 28, 2015 08:51AM
So, the fact that my MKS-Base V1.3 controller took a dump, is driving me nuts. I can't figure out what happened. I don't see any physically burnt components and I didn't smell any magic smoke. I read on the Wiki page that there is a recoverable fuse on these boards, anyone know where it is? Also, I want to check the voltage at the X axis, do I just put the red probe on the current pot screw and the black probe on ground (USB housing)??
July 28, 2015 10:08PM
just found this link, hope anyone love it: [www.instructables.com]
July 30, 2015 01:22PM
Anyone have a problem with width changing when going to .1mm prints? So I have been printing fine with .3, .2. Decided to try a .1 layer height on a test cube with the same settings and for some reason it is about 10% bigger in the x y direction. z seems about the same. Not sure what happened, because we're not talking about a small discrepancy, its a big change. Overall the prints are clean, but this new width threw me for a loop. attached some pics.

.2mm on the left, .1 on the right.
Attachments:
open | download - topPrint.jpg (124.1 KB)
open | download - frontPrint.jpg (162.4 KB)
July 30, 2015 01:36PM
Anyone else get an email from someone named Caferlin from China TL Maker Electornics Co,.Limited promoting the site [www.aliexpress.com] for 3d printers?

Looks like they are now selling the Migbots under a different name
July 30, 2015 05:58PM
CAlleman
Anyone else get an email from someone named Caferlin from China TL Maker Electornics Co,.Limited promoting the site [www.aliexpress.com] for 3d printers?

Looks like they are now selling the Migbots under a different name

Ya. I got one.
July 30, 2015 05:59PM
Is anyone else having with Windows 10? I knew I shouldnt have upgraded.
July 30, 2015 06:50PM
veaceonee

Not touching it until atleast Sp1 comes out.

What are you having an issue with?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2015 06:50PM by gatorNic.
July 31, 2015 12:31AM
SOS, have a quick question, as now my old prusa can't read any program and also have a cracking sound is it normal? anyone experience this before? is it because of problem with motherboard? as i'm able to move the axis no issue.
July 31, 2015 09:45AM
veaceonee

I upgraded my laptop to Win10 and the only issue so far is there are no good drivers for my Intel graphics card yet. That seems to have affected Cura a bit where if I have multiple items loaded I can no longer select individual pieces to move them around. I believe its something to do with the color depth bit setting in Windows based on some Googling, but because the drivers are not working so I can't test out anything to be sure.

I have not tested printing with the USB as I assume that will have the same issues as Windows 8/8.1 - sticking with the SD Card, which seems to work better for me anyways.
July 31, 2015 09:46AM
evetanlm
SOS, have a quick question, as now my old prusa can't read any program and also have a cracking sound is it normal? anyone experience this before? is it because of problem with motherboard? as i'm able to move the axis no issue.

Not reading programs how? Sd Card, USB?

Where do you hear the "cracking" noise coming from?
July 31, 2015 07:48PM
gatorNic
veaceonee

Not touching it until atleast Sp1 comes out.

What are you having an issue with?

It wont connect. It sees the printer, but can't connect. Pronterface is doing weird things. Upon doing more research, it is a known issue with USB serial drivers.
August 02, 2015 03:25PM
Is there any 12v out jacks on the board? I see some for servos. Would like to plug a fan in, would be nice to have it on its own separate plug instead of wiring it directly through the main 12V in.
August 02, 2015 07:08PM
So the whole j-head jammed up. Took it all apart and saw that the spring mount on the extruder is cracked. is there an all metal replacement available?

August 02, 2015 07:28PM
Can't vouch for either of these if they work. One specifically says mk8 the other looks right though too

ebay
ebay2
August 02, 2015 09:04PM
Was looking at those. Would love to find someone in the US so I can get it quicker. Thanx though.
August 02, 2015 09:07PM
Does anyone know the thread size of the throats?
August 02, 2015 09:24PM
veaceonee
Was looking at those. Would love to find someone in the US so I can get it quicker. Thanx though.

You could always upload the the printer parts to shapeways, sculpteo or another service and get fast shipping. Not sure what their turnaround time it. Obviously just a temp fix printed in abs until you can get a metal one, but could be an option.

Usually though I find the epacket delivery from china pretty quick though.
August 02, 2015 11:54PM
Do you think I could use 2 part epoxy to fill and repair the part??

Most aftermarket extruder assemblies I see cover the entire front face of the stepper, which wont work for this printer without a total redesign..
August 03, 2015 01:19PM
veaceonee, I believe the reason it broke was that it was printed standing up. You can see how it split at the layers. This part is 100 times stronger if you print it lying down, with the large flat side facing the print plate. Also, make sure you use the proper temperature and print it at 200um. I attached a version we modified to make feeding the filament easier. You will need to enable supports for the bottom of the part. The holes should not need support.
Attachments:
open | download - migbot_mk8_extruder_mod_for_flexible_filament_v1b.stl (90.2 KB)
August 03, 2015 02:21PM
Appreciate the feedback but, I cant print anything right now because the printer is broke (awaiting parts). That was something I found, that was unrelated to the initial problem. I need to get the printer repaired before I can make anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login