Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sintron Prusa Help Please

Posted by KimBrown 
Sintron Prusa Help Please
June 16, 2015 07:45PM
Hi, I'm new to running Ramps having come from an Ormerod 1. Does the SD card
have to have a config.g file to adjust the initial machine settings similar to the Duet
on the Ormerod? I haven't finished the build yet, but hoping to power it up late tomorrow.
Any suggestions would help please. Apparently it's running the latest software.
Thanks,
Kim..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 07:46PM by KimBrown.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Re: Sintron Prusa Help Please
June 17, 2015 01:44AM
KimBrown
Hi, I'm new to running Ramps having come from an Ormerod 1. Does the SD card
have to have a config.g file to adjust the initial machine settings similar to the Duet
on the Ormerod? I haven't finished the build yet, but hoping to power it up late tomorrow.
Any suggestions would help please. Apparently it's running the latest software.
Thanks,
Kim..

I'm pretty sure the config.g is a bunch of gcode command such as home offset and other things, have you ever tried to open it in notepad and see the content? if you could, post the content here.

You could enable the eeprom feature and work your way up to setting up the figures on eeprom
June 17, 2015 05:38AM
You have to reflash the arduino board everytime you reconfig the printer "big time" like new PID settings, changing endstop behaviour, reversing steppers, use different microstepping etc.

For small adjustments, you use the smart-LCD and EEprom.
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2015 05:39AM by o_lampe.
June 17, 2015 11:53PM
Thanks very much for the replys.

The Printer kit didn't come with a build manual (which I think is really poor), or an SD card, so I'm flying blind here.
The config.g file on the Ormerod was where you could adjust most things for setting up the printer, then there were other files
we can call to do things like set up the X axis zero position. But that is the Duet.

Guess I'll have to look around for a RAMP manual.

At least the printer is final built, with just the wiring to do now, and position the end stops.

I am worried about the various PCB boards for the RAMP card and the other bits like the display etc.
But I'll muddle through 'I hope'.
If there's any useful Docs online it would really help if you could tell me the URLs.

As for the printer, I quite like it, as it seems as if it will be more robust than the Ormerod.
Thanks again..
Kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
June 18, 2015 12:01AM
Not much can be found except meddling yourself with the marlin comments to suit your board and needs. Other thing that you don't understand then maybe you could ask or try search youtube video tooo
June 18, 2015 05:18AM
The Sintron prusa i3 is pretty much like any other prusa i3. So take that as a starting point.
Lots of Information about RAMPS and Marlin can be found here or in the wiki
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login