Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with x-axis motor

Posted by JackKahler 
Problem with x-axis motor
June 17, 2015 07:46PM
I am very new to the 3-d printing game and just finished building my first Prusa i3. It was no easy feat as the instructions rarely lined up. My problem is that when I go to print it runs through all of the axis's but when it gets to x-axis the motor doesn't stop. It just continues to pull until I shut it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Re: Problem with x-axis motor
June 17, 2015 09:12PM
JackKahler
I am very new to the 3-d printing game and just finished building my first Prusa i3. It was no easy feat as the instructions rarely lined up. My problem is that when I go to print it runs through all of the axis's but when it gets to x-axis the motor doesn't stop. It just continues to pull until I shut it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Could you please give us more details about your problem? Such as endstop placement, marlin settings, wirings and other settings? We can't help if there's lack of information let alone the will to help
June 17, 2015 11:07PM
First off, I have no idea what any of the settings you asked for are. I don't even know what a marlin has to do with 3-d printing.

Secondly, issue resolved!!!! I was just an idiot and connected the motors to the wrong input. I am so used to Y being up that I put it there instead of Z.

sarf2k4 thank you very much for helping. I was worried I had nowhere to go.
June 18, 2015 12:04AM
JackKahler
First off, I have no idea what any of the settings you asked for are. I don't even know what a marlin has to do with 3-d printing.

Secondly, issue resolved!!!! I was just an idiot and connected the motors to the wrong input. I am so used to Y being up that I put it there instead of Z.

sarf2k4 thank you very much for helping. I was worried I had nowhere to go.

You're welcome, I'm sure you will have questions later about the software inside the board aka firmware, and also don't forget to give details about your next question =)
June 18, 2015 05:11AM
Jack
I am so used to Y being up that I put it there instead of Z.

Welcome in the 3D-world grinning smiley
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login