Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Configuration Struggle

Posted by Prussian 
Marlin Configuration Struggle
June 22, 2015 11:38PM
I bought an Aurora 3D Printer Kit second hand but I did not get any of the instructions that come along with it. I have completed the physical build but am now really struggling with configuring it in marlin. Does anyone know what thermistor is used for the hot end in the Aurora Kit and what type of thermistor is built in to the heat bed that it used. The kit is identical to the one in this link [www.aliexpress.com]. I really would like to get printing but I'm stuck on configuring the firmware.
Re: Marlin Configuration Struggle
June 23, 2015 04:42AM
You often find thermistor "13" = 3950 in asian hotends. At least it is a starting point.

Autotuning PID will help you later to improve temperature stability. ( see M303 command )
The temperature, you´ll get the best results with, will vary on Filament and printspeed. You´ll have to experiement with temps alot, so the actual reading is less important than gaining experience.
-Olaf
June 23, 2015 01:43PM
I will try "13" as the setting for the hot end thermistor but what should I use for the heat bed thermistor? It is connected to a four wire cable and the green and blue are supposedly connected to a thermistor but I also dont know what type. What kind of thermistors are built into hot beds?
June 23, 2015 01:57PM
Mine has the same thermistor. Why invent the wheel twice?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login