Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech 2020 Prusa i3 Build

Posted by CheopisIV 
Re: Folger Tech 2020 Prusa i3 Build
September 14, 2015 11:37AM
...and now printing ABS at 95 on the bed. I've moved the machine to my basement office and the temp is more stable (wife doesn't open all the windows!!). I sold off the GEEETech and ordered another one of these 2020 i3 kits from Folger Tech last night. Going to start printing the upgrades next!

Sigil Pickups || Stunt Monkey Pedals
January 30, 2016 03:05AM
Been some time but figured it's time to update. I just got back to the first machine and cleaned up the wiring and upgraded the extruder today. It's much tidier now and the prints are greatly improved! I've been trying to get time to get the Wade's on there for a few months now...

Here are the twins. Well, not so much...

Pre-teardown;

Rats nest!

Wires cut, soldered, shrinkwrapped and then spiral wrap applied;

All the chunks of junk removed.

Back on the dining room table much to my wife's chagrin (only while I tune it up, honest!)

And getting warmed up for the first print...

Overall, it took a bit longer than I anticipated, but most of that was trying to figure out the wiring on my new stepper for the extruder. I couldn't get the gear off the old motor so used another one I have sitting here which had different colored wires and no harness. Finding pics online then some trial and error and it's now up and running! Quieter, cleaner and oh so much sexier.

January 30, 2016 04:24PM
Is that extruder on thingiverse? I have been using a gregs variation with a belt that is turned 90 degrees from how yours is. The orientation you have would be much better.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
January 30, 2016 07:03PM
msaeger
Is that extruder on thingiverse? I have been using a gregs variation with a belt that is turned 90 degrees from how yours is. The orientation you have would be much better.

This is the one here;
[www.thingiverse.com]

And here's the rest of my collection for this printer including the gears;
[www.thingiverse.com]

February 14, 2016 09:48PM
So I didn't notice you made a new X carriage to mount the new extruder onto until I got everything moved from the old one to the new one and tried to mount it to the Folger X carriage that was dumb!

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
March 31, 2016 12:18AM
The FolgerTech machines have been my workhorses for the past 9 months and have seen some upgrades along the wa, but the next upgrade is pretty exciting. I just ordered a few BL Touch units off eBay and they look to be a fantastic solution for auto bed-leveling. Will post again when I know more!

BL Touch on eBay = [www.ebay.com]

April 12, 2016 01:53PM
Still waiting on the BL Touch units to get here from Korea; been busy building Doohan with a few key upgrades including real lead screws at 500mm and Igus Drylin bushings. This is before I tidied up the wiring and printed a few more parts (ie: LCD housing and mounts)

So far, the Igus bushings are causing a bit too much drag and I can't get perfect circles like the other two machines. I'm suspecting the X-axis so am swapping in some of the old LM8UU pieces to test again. Oh yeah, I also ordered a sheet of Printbite from Mutley3D (search the forum), some PEI and a piece of Sitall glass to do some head to heads. Really looking forward to testing those out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login