Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FolgerTech 2020 i3 Y axis not working properly

Posted by airplanesrule 
FolgerTech 2020 i3 Y axis not working properly
July 05, 2015 02:08PM
Hi, I just finished assembling a FolgerTech 2020 i3 kit, and I am running into issues mostly with the y axis drives. When I connect using Repetier, I can control each axis manually. I have 2 end-stops wired to the y axis currently, so I can move the y axis forward and backwards. However, once I move the y-axis backwards, it will not run forwards again until I disconnect and reconnect repetier host to the printer. For Example:

• Connect Repetier Host to Printer
  • Manually Jog Forwards (Y axis moves forwards)
  • Manually Jog Backwards (Y axis moves backwards)
  • Manually Jog Forwards (Y axis still moves backwards, despite me pressing forwards)

I measured the voltages on the dir pin for the y axis stepper driver board, and it toggles between 2.5 and 5 volts for forward and reverse, which I think may be my problem. I do not however understand what would cause this. I have tried swapping out the stepper driver for another one, but I still get the same results. I have also tried homing the axis with only one end stop attached and then moving away from the end stop, but the stepper just tries to crash the axis further because both directions still cause the stepper motor to move the axis backwards. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks
Re: FolgerTech 2020 i3 Y axis not working properly
July 09, 2015 12:56PM
In Marlin I think there's setting to assign the end stop to be MIN or MAX . I used one end stop at y in the back and I set mine to MIN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login