Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slightly slanted

Posted by jbrunk 
slightly slanted
July 11, 2015 04:35PM
I am trying to print a case on my prusa i3 printer from folger tech.

However, I am noticing that my case is not quite rectangular but more of a parallelogram. the dimensions are right and its consistant through the entire 117 layer print. but it just looks like someone squished my case i printed. I thought it might be the stl file so i printed the lid for it and it was the same. I ran it through an stl cleaner online and tried that. same thing.

Anyone seen this before?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2015 05:24PM by jbrunk.
Re: slightly slanted
July 11, 2015 07:33PM
The chances are that you assembled the printer such that the X and Y axes are not perpendicular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2015 07:34PM by 691175002.
July 12, 2015 12:09PM
Ill definitely check that. I was thinking maybe it was a setting, but Ill check all the nuts and make sure everything is tightened up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 12:11PM by jbrunk.
July 27, 2015 06:55PM
When I built my box frame i3 I got the y axis about 0.7 degrees off square from the X axis. Didn't notice for months until I tried printing something in two halved and they never lined up properly. Correcting the printer would have required building a whole new frame so I wrote a gcode post processor that skewed all the coordinates by the right amount to put the whole thing square again. Being able to tweak the angle by minute fractions of a degree, print and measure was great, I know that the prints are true to within my ability to measure now.
July 27, 2015 08:44PM
You could use raft like those perforated bed type printers, but you would be wasting some plastics with a benefit of 'theoretically' non-slanted object
July 31, 2015 03:55PM
An update on my issue. You were right. when i moved the printer i must have jarred the Y access loose. Realigned and its all good now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login