Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does anyone have a working Configuration.h

Posted by shaol 
Does anyone have a working Configuration.h
August 05, 2015 12:35AM
So it seem this file has bugs =. if anyone have a working printer with this file please attach file or the hole project will work too.
Re: Does anyone have a working Configuration.h
August 05, 2015 05:04AM
There is no such thing as THE WORKING configuration.h file sad smiley
It is unique for your printer and the options you are running. ( Mainboard, thermistors, LCD, extruder, z-rods, endstop positions etc. can be different )

-Olaf
August 05, 2015 08:51AM
I have the Golden working one!! It's been under high security lock and key but I'll share it with you!

What's up?
August 05, 2015 09:42AM
The one I got from Folger tech should work with my kit but, It does not The problems I'm having is the x motor wasn't working I found that the end stop for x was 1 while the others were -1 so i change that. Not sure if i should change anything else.

My heat bed doesnt stop heating (got so hot it broke my glass) its should stop at 70 but it went to almost 100.

and last which is the most important it doesn't print. I hit print and nothing happened. It just sits there but says it printing.

This is a new kit with a bad program which should not be.

I have no programming skills so this i can't fix with out help
August 05, 2015 10:09AM
I am using the file from folgertech on my 2020 i3 and it works. I have issues with the home buttons in repetier but it prints just fine.

I guess I don't know what the max for the heated bed but it has to be over 100 they say to use 100 for abs.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
August 05, 2015 10:13AM
OK, first suggestions. Use M119 to check your endstops first. Make sure they are functioning as intended. Then check step direction by moving an axis 1mm, and see if it responds correctly. Next check home direction (be ready to power off if it heads off away from the endstop!), and see if it responds correctly. Once you have these sorted, your ready to move on.

On your heatbed. First see if your thermistors a connected to the correct locations or both the heatbed and hotend. Make sure you have the right Thermistor set in your configuration.h. Make sure you see a room temp listed before heating. Set for 50C, If it goes past 60C power it off.

Try those and check back in...
August 05, 2015 11:25AM
I don't have programming skills or electrical but I'm confident I put this Printer together correctly.

First: what is or how do I use the m119.

Second in manual mode using the computer (vista os) X and Y homing and movement works as its suppose to. Z home and movement works as it suppose to but goes all the way to the top (so I think that it doesn't stop).I tried shortening the height in printer setting but didn't work.

As for the thermistor they are working. Both are at room temp 23.70 and move as the temp goes up. Just doesn't stop at 70
August 05, 2015 01:37PM
If you download the firmware zip file from therippa and unzipped the file then you already have a "working" version of the configuration.h. I don't know if you properly upload the new firmware to your Arduino board using the USB cable between your computer and the Arduino board (Marlin version should now be 1.0.2). M119 is a g-code command to the 3d printer (g-code is what 3d printers and cnc machines use for position control of the x,y,z and other stuff), which will reply back with Endstop status info. You use your Repetier host software to issue that command (Use the Manual Control tab, enter M119 in the G-Code field then click send). See this link for G-code commands. If you need to re-download the Zip file for Folger Tech 2020 I3 / Marlin firmware moded by therippa Github.com

I hope that helps some
Rick
August 05, 2015 03:11PM
It said all min and max were trigerred
August 05, 2015 05:08PM
Ok shaol, your going to have to edit your configuration.h. You need to invert your endstop logic. It's not hard. Google it. You need to learn this stuff anyways, if you didn't want to learn how all this works you probably should have bought a Davinci or something instead of a kit.

Your close, you just need to work out some kinks to get it printing. It might be a bit outside of your comfort zone, but you can do it!
August 05, 2015 05:35PM
Does it matter when I entered the gcode that x,y, and z were homed and the end stops are at the home as well.

should the end stop be at the min location or the max location?

cause right now my end stop is at 0 (home) X,Y and Z.
August 05, 2015 11:38PM
Lol, ok if your axis were homed then all your Min endstops should be triggered, but your Max should not, and they will need to be inverted or disabled.
August 06, 2015 01:11AM
ok will look into that thanks
August 07, 2015 10:13AM
Ok the only 2 things I change was end stop x from 1 to -1 (line 226) and second disable max end stop (line 249).

Seems to be working and I mad a print of a 20x20x10 cube Actual size came out to 20.11x20.11x9.6-9.8.

print sounds a little rough but, not sure if it the bearings. Also the print has a wave in it (see attack file). extruder not evenly flowing abs. I have tried in creasing extruder temp did not help.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1418.JPG (581.7 KB)
August 07, 2015 03:16PM
Looks like your steps per mm is off on the Z axis. It's about half of what it needs to be (10mm versus the 20mm it should have printed). My guess is the micro steps for the driver is set wrong, remember to unplug all power before you verify that. Are you using 8825 stepper drivers by chance?
August 07, 2015 04:12PM
Pololu A4988 stepper driver

Folger Tech sent me a pdf for tuning but I can read it too confusing.
August 07, 2015 04:25PM
Some light reading for you. Specifically Z Steps

I'm not sure what your kit uses as on the Z axis? M8 threaded rod or some kind of lead screw?

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide
August 07, 2015 04:49PM
the object I printed was 20 x 20 x 10 not 20 x 20 x 20

I don't think its z but either x or y or both or the extrude.

5mm Threaded Rod with 8mm Chromed Linear Rod
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1421b.jpg (119.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login