Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2020 i3 z-axis will not raise

Posted by Blackbird 
2020 i3 z-axis will not raise
August 05, 2015 12:52PM
I just assembled my 2020 i3 aluminum kit, updated to the newest firmware and I'm using Repetier. I'm still following the calibration guide on the google drive.
When I try to home the z-axis, it continues to move down. It hit the endstop but didn't activate the switch at first and pushed the extruder below the print bed.
Now when I try to raise it in Repetier, the motor will wine and not move at all. It will lower just fine.

I've replaced the stepper driver on the RAMPS board and it hasn't helped. I've also checked the jumpers to make sure they have a good connection. The plugs from the steppers to the RAMPS are oriented correctly. I'm using the most recent firmware (not the one in the google drive, but the one in the big thread).

I'm a 100% noob when it comes to adruino stuff. Completely new to 3D printing, new to electronics and voltages and I don't even know how to properly use a multimeter.
I've learned a lot in the past week or so but so much of this is over my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: 2020 i3 z-axis will not raise
August 05, 2015 01:38PM
Try to fix the endstop first, you stated it pushed the endstop switch but firmware didn't catch that as triggered, is that right? If you're using marlin, try send m114 or m119 (I think) to check the endstop status while pressing it manually
Re: 2020 i3 z-axis will not raise
August 05, 2015 11:20PM
It was a problem with (I think) the 3d printed clip for the endstop. It was preventing the switch from triggering. I bent the metal piece on the endstop so it would mae better contact and the x-axis motor bumped it, and the switch activated like it should. Now it will move up and down correctly.
I wasn't clear that the motors would only move in one direction until it has been homed. That helped a lot. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login