Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints leaning forwards

Posted by Eight20 
Prints leaning forwards
August 26, 2015 03:05PM
Hi guys,

So I got my prusa i3 set up and working nicely, but I have recently tried abs and all of a sudden I have a random problem I don't know how to sort.

the prints start great, the first layer goes down and stick the poo to a blanket and the follow layers are great, but then something goes wrong and it starts to lean, the first print (one the right) started leaning toward the rear of the printer, and the second attempt (one the left) started to lean towards the front of the printer.

I really dont know where to look and google isn't being much help.

Can anyone help or suggest something?
Re: Prints leaning forwards
August 27, 2015 08:35AM
Is the glass or aluminium plate moving on the bed? Try more or tighter clamps, or spray some hair spray on the bottom side of the plate, it makes it sticky. Also see if there's any other backlash in the y carriage. Grab hold of the motor or belt and move with your other hand the print bed. Any play or springiness should be fixed as much as possible.

Lowering acceleration might also help, but I'd try to get the bed as solid as possible first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2015 08:35AM by imqqmi.
Re: Prints leaning forwards
August 27, 2015 11:35AM
Eight20
Hi guys,

So I got my prusa i3 set up and working nicely, but I have recently tried abs and all of a sudden I have a random problem I don't know how to sort.

the prints start great, the first layer goes down and stick the poo to a blanket and the follow layers are great, but then something goes wrong and it starts to lean, the first print (one the right) started leaning toward the rear of the printer, and the second attempt (one the left) started to lean towards the front of the printer.

I really dont know where to look and google isn't being much help.

Can anyone help or suggest something?

I can just about guarantee its something mechanically loose or not properly oriented.. I have similar issues and its always turned out to be so..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login