Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bed heats up then decays 1st 40 layers rebounds

Posted by [email protected] 
bed heats up then decays 1st 40 layers rebounds
September 13, 2015 10:28AM
I have no clue what is going on with this. I have ran PID autotune, I have checked bed temp with my multimeter, I have tried printing inside an encloser.I have tried abs slurry, hair spray, and glue stick all my prints pop free once the temp drops to about 100 (ABS). The bed heats up to 110 or 115 then just slowly decays but after awhile it builds back up. I have tried letting bed pre-heat for long periods (45 minutes) and same thing happens!!! This is with the red PCB bed heater that came with my Folger tech prusa I3 2020. I do have a new black mk2b bed I could replace it with but does not seem to be the beds fault since it will hit temp just unable to keep it there for a bit.

I do have some odd error messages in my console which I have no idea about. I will link to copies of all the files.

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

[www.dropbox.com]

At this time I am dropping the temp to 100 on blue painters tape to see what happens. Bed heats up fine let it sit for 10 minutes then printed a 20 mm hollow cube by layer 20 it had fallen to 93.4 degrees and then started to slowly climb back to 100. The 10mm brim is the only reason it stayed on the print bed. Is this normal or am I missing something?

I had a fan splitter on that would direct part of the fan onto the print and it was enough to cool the bed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 08:14PM by jasonsaffle13@gmail.com.
Re: bed heats up then decays 1st 40 layers rebounds
September 14, 2015 03:36AM
Common sense is: No print cooling with ABS.
Tape the fan splitter and try again with enclosure.
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login