Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Prusa i3 auto level not working

Posted by js38553970 
Folger Tech Prusa i3 auto level not working
September 20, 2015 11:50PM
Hello, this is my first post so bear with me. I have built a Folger Tech prusa i3 2020 3D printer. It has been running fairly smoothly for a couple months but I wanted to upgrade to auto bed leveling. So far I have gotten to the point that it probes 3 points with the G29 command but the Z axis doesn't move while printing. The Z numbers show that there is a 2mm difference from left side to right side, this was my test, and it failed. I have attached my Configuration.h file to see if maybe there is something obvious. I have used both Repetier host and pronterface with no avail. Thanks in advance for the help!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (16 KB)
Re: Folger Tech Prusa i3 auto level not working
September 21, 2015 03:10AM
There are no settings for ABL in the config file. Is it marlin you're using? Maybe the devs have moved it to another file. Do a textsearch within the firmware source code folder.
Another posibility is that the supplier of your printer removed the code, try the official marlin firmware.
September 21, 2015 09:17AM
I just realized I uploaded the wrong configuration file. It is running the newest marlin software. I'll upload the right one when I get home today.
September 21, 2015 08:43PM
Here is the correct config file.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (35 KB)
September 24, 2015 07:23PM
Your configs look correct to me.. I have virtually identical setting and am also having issues with ABL on my FT 2020 I3... What behavior are you getting?

Mine takes one measurement and then instantly completes the remaining 3 measurements with that value.
September 24, 2015 07:56PM
So if I run G28, it homes X and Y. Then raises goes to the center and homes Z. Then if I run G29, it goes to X and Y home then probes 4 points and shows 4 slightly different values so it is working but I took off 2 Springs on one side of the print bed to try to print with it way off and the numbers show the bed being unlevel but the Z axis doesn't adjust to the difference.
September 24, 2015 08:25PM
Does G28 goto X/Y home first and then move to the center before homeing Z? or does it home Z in the corner?
September 24, 2015 09:10PM
It homes X and Y correctly and then moves the Z and homes toward the middle of the print bed just like it should. It prints fine as usual but it just doesn't self adjust.
September 26, 2015 10:18PM
Can I ask how you know its not self adjusting?
September 27, 2015 02:44AM
Be sure that you don't power off the motors or wait too long before moving x or y axis to see if z is movi g, after a certain time out the motors are turned off and the ABL grid data is flushed.

In repetier you can write some gcode to test it out:
G28
G29
G1 X20 Y20 Z1 F6000
G1 X180 Y20
G1 X180 Y180
G1 X20 Y20
etc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login